Early season rants

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I am sick and ****ing tired of Toronto teams getting screwed over by refs. The Raptors lead the league in apologies for blown calls and the Leafs probably lead the league in disallowed goals

I am also sick and ****ing tired of players breaking slumps against is every game ie Jordan Staal, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin etc
Got a goal slump oh no worries play Toronto

I am also sick and tired of other goalies becoming god-like against Toronto like Ward and Miller

I am sick and tired of Kostcrap on the power play and the garbage PP with that lazy **** Phaneuf who can't hit the net for his life

And **** Carlyle and his garbage lines and inability to make adjustments

Oh and one more for good measure how about that excellent acquisition Frazer Mcleran ... USELESS
Islanders pick up Aucoin and he scores 5 goals but the Leafs pick up a useless plug to add to the collection can't even do that properly

Man I need to go drink

contour

Mar 31, 2011
I think you should just go with the TL;DR:

dcervi*

leafs suck. hows that? short and sweet. Kypreos is right, if your 2 best players are kadri and frattin your team has serious ****ing issues

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
We dress 3 AHL dmen and expect to win?

Our "best" player doesn't score (EVER) and we expect to win?

Our "best" defenseman doesn't score, and can't defend, and we expect to win?

Our first line centre is an undrafted college free agent with a career high of 47 points and we expect to win?

Our PP is one of the worst in the league and we expect to win?

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Problems:

Kessels scoring slump - he's trying too hard.
Lupul's injury.
Fraser being on an NHL roster.
Kostka playing anything more than 3rd pairing minutes.
Gardiner's slow recovery from concussion.
The team's overall mental fragility.
The fact we only see this team play their guts out when they're down by 2-3 goals.
Grabo hasn't been himself.
Gunnarsson not being paired with Phaneuf.
Phaneuf with 1 assist through 9 games.

dcervi*

We dress 3 AHL dmen and expect to win?

Our "best" player doesn't score (EVER) and we expect to win?

Our "best" defenseman doesn't score, and can't defend, and we expect to win?

Our first line centre is an undrafted college free agent with a career high of 47 points and we expect to win?

Our PP is one of the worst in the league and we expect to win?

you make way too much sense. I agree.

s1r0ky

Mr. Optimistic
Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
My Rant.

We got screwed tonight by officiating. We are now 1 below 500. Therefore everyone says TANK! Carlyle really needs to fix the issues we have and Kostka isn't the answer but we are still tied for 8th and 5pts out of 1st and people are already saying tank. This shortened ridiculous season anything can happen.

I might change my input when there are 20 games left, Not 9 games in!

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
Our 4th line sucks. Orr, Steckel, Brown and Mclaren have 0 points COMBINED

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Leaf brakout problems and more

I have watched these bums for 35+ years and never have I been soo frustrated watching TML get worse with each passing game. I honestly thought Carlyle would bring a great system here and from what I seen is the wingers standing still and losing puck battles along the boards and the defense weaker than a fat diabetic kid in a Boston marathon. Phaneuf is all over the map and looks lost, Kostka looks like he scrambling to correct Phannys mistakes. Liles coughs up the puck at least 5 times a period and Franson with his size hits people like a wet noodle. Holzer is clearly not ready after seeing him play against the big boys, Frazier looks to be ok but getting frustarted out there. I dont get the style Carlyle is implemeting here with the crappy shoot the puck around the net and then shoot it back around the net. The wingers stand there and lose the puck along the boards on a consistant basis, and TML can not get the !@*$#! puck out of there own zone. Bozak is NOT A #1C and should not be playing on the 1st, but thats what TML is stuck with. The PP is horrible they again stand there and let the defense pick their passes and dont scramble like they should be if there was movement. If it wasnt for Reimer the Leafs would be 0-9. I'm tired watching this team not only get worse but sit back and tell us patience, like there is a secret weapon we dont know about. Mtl was in complete disarray last year and it looked like the mighty French empire had become a 3rd world hockey team, and now like as if nothing happened they are a top team again. I'm just done with the crap TMLSE keeps telling us!!!!!!!!!! Something needs to happen and it starts with heads rolling!!!!!!!!.................end rant:rant:

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I know had to get it off my chest. Just angry with this club and the direction it has been going............down

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Boudreau has the ducks playing awesome. The ducks. This is what a good coach can do.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I understand the hate the players are getting but Carlyle is a great coach and his system is making this team look like a real team, but they need better defencemen.

Tonight Fraser, kostka and holzer over gardiner and komisarek was a terrible decision. I understand they think gardiner isn't fully back up to speed but come on when he was up with the club he was better then all 3 of those scrubs. Kostka is decent but should realistically be a 3rd pairing or extra guy

Penalty Kill Icing*

Playing guys like Fraser ahead of Komisarek really boggles my mind.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I want the team to be patient with Gardiner.

But no one in their right mind can argue for Frazer's 12 minutes a night over Gardiner. Or Holzer instead of Gardiner.

Just mind boggling some of the decisions that the team is making on the roster right now.

Oh, but at least we have a great 4th line.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
I want the team to be patient with Gardiner.

But no one in their right mind can argue for Frazer's 12 minutes a night over Gardiner. Or Holzer instead of Gardiner.

Just mind boggling some of the decisions that the team is making on the roster right now.

Oh, but at least we have a great 4th line.

Trouble they are playing on the second and third lines. :D

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I am sick and ****ing tired of Toronto teams getting screwed over by refs. The Raptors lead the league in apologies for blown calls and the Leafs probably lead the league in disallowed goals

I am also sick and ****ing tired of players breaking slumps against is every game ie Jordan Staal, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin etc
Got a goal slump oh no worries play Toronto

I am also sick and tired of other goalies becoming god-like against Toronto like Ward and Miller

I am sick and tired of Kostcrap on the power play and the garbage PP with that lazy **** Phaneuf who can't hit the net for his life

And **** Carlyle and his garbage lines and inability to make adjustments

Oh and one more for good measure how about that excellent acquisition Frazer Mcleran ... USELESS
Islanders pick up Aucoin and he scores 5 goals but the Leafs pick up a useless plug to add to the collection can't even do that properly

Man I need to go drink

your rant is my rant. I'm equally as pissed of and share the same opinions on everything. Phaneuf is going to kill someone with his shot soon. Inuring one leaf at a time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad