Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Actually Ovie also leads in
- goals created
- goals created per game
- shots

Backstrom leads in assists per game

what is this goals created stat and goals created per game? Is that called points?

Kuznetsov is on the ice for 3 goals this series, and Ovi 2.

Backstrom missed games due to injury but Kuznetsov leads in assists

Kuznetsov has 53 to Ovi's 56 shots on goal. I would call that a wash considering his 4min icetime and injury

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
He's not more deserving.
Remove Ovi and the team is crap.
Remove Kuzy and they are a stronger defensive team with Backstrom/Eller as 1-2C combo

Heck, Eller deserves some MVP votes.

stop spewing shit

This series:
Eller and Backstrom are combined 4 goals against
Kuznetsov : 0 goals against

against Tampa:
Backstrom GF 0 GA 2
Kuznetsov GF 6 GA 2
Ovechkin GF 5 GA 4
Eller GF 5 GA 1

Reactions: Devil Dancer

illpucks

May 26, 2011
stop spewing ****

This series:

against Tampa:
Backstrom GF 0 GA 2
Kuznetsov GF 6 GA 2
Ovechkin GF 5 GA 4
Eller GF 5 GA 1

Backstrom's totals are lower from not playing with Ovi and Kuznetsov totals are higher from playing with Ovi. Fact whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
The Smythe is clearly kuznetsovs. Ovi has to dominate the rest of the way and kuz has to be silent which would most likely result in a knights cup win. Ovi has played exceptional

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The Smythe is clearly kuznetsovs. Ovi has to dominate the rest of the way and kuz has to be silent which would most likely result in a knights cup win. Ovi has played exceptional
What a joke post. Without Ovi in the lineup Caps would be toast. Kuznetsov in lineup makes little difference. They can play well maybe even better without him.
It's so easily Ovis the vote if it happened today I'd wager all my money that it would be a unanimous vote with not one single dissenter

Reactions: pezpunk

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
stop spewing ****

This series:

against Tampa:
Backstrom GF 0 GA 2
Kuznetsov GF 6 GA 2
Ovechkin GF 5 GA 4
Eller GF 5 GA 1
Damn, my man Eller looking stellar. Nice.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
stop spewing ****

This series:

against Tampa:
Backstrom GF 0 GA 2
Kuznetsov GF 6 GA 2
Ovechkin GF 5 GA 4
Eller GF 5 GA 1
I for one would like to know what stats you're talking about here. How exactly was Backstrom on the ice for zero goals for when he went 1g 2a in four games against Tampa (broken bones in his right hand, mind you)? Additionally, Kuzy went 4g 6a in seven games against Tampa so I really have no idea what your "stats" are.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I for one would like to know what stats you're talking about here. How exactly was Backstrom on the ice for zero goals for when he went 1g 2a in four games against Tampa (broken bones in his right hand, mind you)? Additionally, Kuzy went 4g 6a in seven games against Tampa so I really have no idea what your "stats" are.

5 on 5

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The story behind Ovechkin makes it hard for anyone else to take the CS if they win. We've all seen his career and the disappointments his faced throughout it. He's the captain+ heart and soul of this Caps team. To beat that story Kuz would need to be the defining factor in this series win. Not sure if even that's enough.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Do players even care about this trophy? Lol

I'm guessing it will feel pretty good later down the road. The emotions of winning the cup (or losing in the rare case where losing side player gets it) are probably overwhelming the trophy when you get it. But I'm sure players who won it appreciate the honor after recovering from the cup win. Not sure how often Giguere (for example) reminisces winning it with joy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad