HF Habs: Early Bird Mock Draft 2022 (COMPLETED!)

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
#3 Matthew SavoieF
#35Isaac HowardLW
#51Ludwig PerssonLW
#61Tyler BrennanG
#63Bryce Mcconnell-BarkerC
#67Simon ForsmarkLD
#99Vinzenz RohrerRW/C
#115Alexander MoromtsevF
#123Zam PlanteC
#131Daniil OrlovLD
#163Jack SparkesRD
#195David MoravecLD

Smooth draft - it seems like there are many differences between my list and the list of many.

1) Savoie early, no surprise to anyone. I'm high on him because I think he will scale better than most. He's a big-game player, and I love those.

2) I never thought I could ever be so lucky to get Howard at 35, enough said. Potential 30g scorer. top 20
3) I'm fully aware of the risk with Persson, he's on the edge between being a surefire top 6 or a good plugger. With Savoie and Howard in the bag, I decided to accept the risk. We'll see. top 35

4) Brennan: Seattle is just starting their prospect pool they needed a G of the future. They picked a G in the 7 round last year, so that's their 2nd G prospect. Perfect.

5) Bryce at 63? wtf. I think many will bite their nails on this one. Middle 6 forward with some grit and very good offensive instincts, size, and he's quite young. Top 39 - he was a first-rounders for a big part of the year, but had a slow down in the middle that dropped him, then he played point per game at the end.

6) Forsmark, what to say, mature D with poise, I had him top 42

7) Rohrer, the youngest guy in the draft? Very close to being a 2023 and if you compare him with that group, he's in the good ones. Spark Plug RW, good tools, smooth, very high on him, top 50 - sleeper.

8) Moromstsev, homerun attempt pick. Quite talented, big, bit of a bully ;)- we'll see how things play out.

9) Plante, good bottom 6 prospect

10) Orlov, I had him top 90, surprised to end up with him. Big toolbox, not together yet.

11) Sparkes, the biggest player in the draft (tallest at least), going to college, he might be severely underrated by not being in the CHL, this is a wedge on picking a guy that might be hiding at a lower level.

12) Moravec, a good stable D, I was surprised he was there. He's not going to wow you, he's boring, but does his job fairly well. Picked for overage teams a lot, a sign of maturity and liked by the staff.

All in all very happy with how much I got out of the picks.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
4. New Jersey: Juraj Slafkovsky (W) - TPS (Liiga)
36. New Jersey: Jack Hughes (C) - Northeastern U. (NCAA)
68. NJD: Fraser Minten (F) - Kamloops (WHL)
100. NJD: Ludvig Jansson (RD) - Sodertalje SK (HockeyAllsvenskan)
109. NJD (NYI): Markus Vidicek (C) - Halifax (QMJHL)
117. NJD (EDM): Spencer Sova (D) - Erie Otters (OHL)
140. New Jersey (Columbus): Jeremy Langlois (LD) - Cape Breton (QMJHL)
164. NJD: Maxim Barbashev (W) - Moncton (QMJHL)
196. NJD: Garrett Brown (LD) - Sioux City (USHL)

4) - Juraj Slafkovsky: I'd hesitated to draft him or Simon Nemec. But I really like Slafkovsky game, some people will say that he is a risky pick, but in my mind, this guy have the highest potential of this draft. Slafkovsky fit perfectly on NJ team. With Hughes, they will dominate together..

36) - Jack Hughes 2.0: My target has been Isaac Howad, but @SOLR stole my pick at 35. Easy choice to make, for me, he is a top 20-25 talent in this draft. Great two-way player. I really like drafting C's, because it's more easy to make C a winger than winger a C.

68) - Fraser Minten: Big fan of him. I'd hesitate to draft him or Jordan Dumais, but the two-way game of Minten is too good to pass on him. I'm really high on him. I think he is going to be a fan favorite in NHL, a player who will play really good in playoffs. Great skating ability with great hockey IQ.

100) - Ludvig Jansson: He is a very talented defenseman. Very happy to get a offensive RD at this range of this draft. I think he have great potential.

109) - Markus Vidicek: After hesitate to draft Jordan Dumais with 68th pick, i'd select a player who play on the same team than him. I'm big fan of Vidicek game, great two-way player, like i said before, it's easy to draft C's. This guy could become a NHL player one day with his ability to play a simple game.

117) - Spencer Sova: Big fan of this pick. Talented offensive D-man who will become a good two-way d-man one day. He got great skating ability with good transition game. Selecting a talented d-man like him at 117, it's a easy choice to make.

140) Jeremy Langlois: This guy is my wildcard of my draft. I think we make a steal right there. He put great numbers at QMJHL league and have great tools to become a NHL player.

164) - Maxim Barbashev: Brother of Ivan Barbashev, Like his brother, he is a complete package. Happy to draft him.

196) - Garrett Brown: Thanks @MarkovsKnee to that auto pick. He put good numbers at USHL level.

I really like this experience of picking in Early Bird Mock Draft and happy to get good players with each pick i've goted

cut.png

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
6. Ottawa: David Jiricek (RD) - HC Skoda Plzen (Czechia) (6. +0)
38. Ottawa: Alexander Perevalov (W) - Yoko Yaroslavl (MHL) (71. -33)
58. Ottawa (TB): Alexander Suzdalev (W) - HV71 (J20) (70. -22)
70. Ottawa: Jordan Gustafson (C) - Seattle (WHL) (79. -9)
90. Ottawa (Boston): Tucker Robertson (F) - Peterborough (OHL) (123. -33)
102. Ottawa: Tomas Hamara (LD) - Tappara (Liiga) (87. +15)
134. Ottawa: Angus Booth (LD) - Shawinigan (QMJHL) (116. +18)
142. Ottawa (Winnpeg): Daniil O. Ivanov (LD) - MHK Spartak Moskva (MHL) (138. +4)
154. Ottawa (Boston): Mikey Milne (W) - Winnipeg (WHL) (89 +65)
166. Ottawa: Mason Beaupit (G) - Spokane (WHL) (108. +58)
205. Ottawa (NYI): Carson Buydens (C) - Virden (MJHL) (undrafted)

Rough 2nd+3rd, good end. Ended up at +63 with an undrafted.

Forgetting about Morden cost me a lot. Would have ended at +137 with no undrafted.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Florida Draft:

3. Nicholas Moldenhauer (W) - USHL
4. Kocha Delic (C) - OHL
5. Cedric Guindon (C) - OHL
6. Adam Engstrom (LD) - J20 Nationell
6. Nils Bolin (W) - J20 Nationell
7. Dennis Good Bogg (LD) - J20 Nationell

Just realized final 3 picks are all Swedes.

No 1st. No 2nd. Only late picks for Fla.

I had Florida. No 1st or 2nd round picks.

#95: Nicholas Moldenhauer (RW) drafted #95 by Toronto! Whooo-hoo! Jackpot. :banana:

#127: Kocha Delic went undrafted. :ha:

#159: Cedric Guindon went #127 to Montreal.

#189: Adam Engstrom went #92 to Montreal.

My last 2 picks went undrafted, so 3 undrafted total.

But, 2 of my picks were drafted by Montreal! :handclap:

Reactions: Toene

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad