Confirmed with Link: Eakin to WPG for cond. 4th 2021(becomes 3rd if WPG re-signs him or gets into playoffs)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Rumor because not confirmed by team yet.

WE DID IT, GUYS! WE DID IT! AND THAT MAD LAD KELLY GOT A 3rd/4th FOR HIM!!!

tumblr_n0pnxvOxVj1tohycao1_400.gifv

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So what next? Glass hurt. (Please no Pirri, please no Pirri, please no Pirri). We could slide Channy to ctr and bring up a serviceable placeholder wing, but trading Merrill and a pick for a good centerman would be knocking it out of the park.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So what next? Glass hurt. (Please no Pirri, please no Pirri, please no Pirri). We could slide Channy to ctr and bring up a serviceable placeholder wing, but trading Merrill and a pick for a good centerman would be knocking it out of the park.
It's LotR time! Summon the elveneses!

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Derek Grant should be able to be had for a 3rd/4th. He is more than able to center a 3rd line until Glass/Tuch comes back and then be the mainstay 4C.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
you guys hate Eakin that much? Why?

Analytics and turnovers. Wasn't keeping possession. If he didn't score that's fine but he was actively hurting the team many times. But hate is a strong word, I think most are a bit sad to see him go even if it's totally the right move.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Crunching some cap friendly numbers, with Eakin and Holden out and Gustafsson 50% in, they would still have a little over 3.5m to spend.

It's a meme. Most beloved Golden Knight of all time.
The man is clutch, and the Jets saw first hand how well he can shut a top line down in the playoffs.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Quite simply? He's not a good player for the type of salary/cap hit he has. If he were a 4C making 1m per none of us would have a problem with him. As it is, he was a burden on our cap and taking minutes from better players because of his contractual obligations.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

He's been supremely ineffective most of his career here, with exception of some bright stretches with higher lines last year.

Perhaps we're misusing him and he should be a top sixer. In that case, we simply don't have room for him.

I love the guy himself, and hope he has great success with the peg.

Reactions: hn777

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Offensive blackhole this season, plays die by his stick, and we kept him instead of Haula/Gusev. He also made sure Glass was playing at wing instead of center.

how does he make sure Glass plays wing? Doesn’t the coach decide that?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
And I would never rule out Kreider. If there's a way...

He's been supremely ineffective most of his career here, with exception of some bright stretches with higher lines last year.

Perhaps we're misusing him and he should be a top sixer. In that case, we simply don't have room for him.

I love the guy himself, and hope he has great success with the peg.

Let's not get crazy here. He can have a great year next season.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
They are no longer getting relief from LTIR so a day of accruing cap space until they call up a forward tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad