Tribute EA NHL Soundtrack Bracket | Semi-Final

Vote for Any Two!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It's my bracket, f*** it, vote for any two.

Also, it's cool how we did this for 600 polls and the only change to the top-4 I originally seeded is Take Me Out got swapped out for Misery Business in the re-seed.

Again, these last four are NOT paired!

:dumbo:

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I didn't though.

YOU DIDN'T THO

tenor.gif

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Kinda funny how the top-4 are Billy Talent, Jimmy Eat World, Paramore and Brand New.

I just got this collective statement from AvsHF, it says "Didn't even have any songs by Taking Back Sunday. I wish I was dead."

sad-emo-boy-alone-crying-adorable-cute.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Murzu

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Big brand new fan back in the day. Saw them twice in NYC including at the garden... Then all that horrible stuff about Jesse came out. I voted for quiet things for nostalgia's sake, but damn, that's still a sore spot.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Big brand new fan back in the day. Saw them twice in NYC including at the garden... Then all that horrible stuff about Jesse came out. I voted for quiet things for nostalgia's sake, but damn, that's still a sore spot.
Yup...

The one thing I have is I've never considered musicians role models. A lot of them are f***ed up. So I don't hold them up to anything... It's just people I don't know.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yup...

The one thing I have is I've never considered musicians role models. A lot of them are f***ed up. So I don't hold them up to anything... It's just people I don't know.

Huh...I didn't even know about all that, and that was only three years ago that all came out.

I dunno, what he did was most assuredly not okay, but it's amazing what rock stars used to get away with. Underage groupies were apparently not an uncommon thing, creepy as that sounds, and hell, Elvis met Priscilla when she was fourteen years old.

Anyway, I voted Paramore and Jimmy Eat World (which I learned you really can't turn into an acronym, can you?). I realize those are "conventional" choice but the other two bands really do nothing for me.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Yeah despite Jesse Lacey being a crap bag, I voted for Brand New and Jimmy Eat World got my other vote because even though Sweetness is IMO a weaker song on the album it's on, the album itself is awesome and Sweetness is still a great song.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Huh...I didn't even know about all that, and that was only three years ago that all came out.

I dunno, what he did was most assuredly not okay, but it's amazing what rock stars used to get away with. Underage groupies were apparently not an uncommon thing, creepy as that sounds, and hell, Elvis met Priscilla when she was fourteen years old.

Anyway, I voted Paramore and Jimmy Eat World (which I learned you really can't turn into an acronym, can you?). I realize those are "conventional" choice but the other two bands really do nothing for me.
I googled, and it said no one on Jimmy Eat World is Jewish.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

JEW is and always has been an acceptable acronym for the band

Yeah despite Jesse Lacey being a crap bag, I voted for Brand New and Jimmy Eat World got my other vote because even though Sweetness is IMO a weaker song on the album it's on, the album itself is awesome and Sweetness is still a great song.
m8, come on

Even if you were being harsh, even if you were deliberately trying to rank it as low as possible, you can't even put Sweetness in the bottom half of Bleed American

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
m8, come on

Even if you were being harsh, even if you were deliberately trying to rank it as low as possible, you can't even put Sweetness in the bottom half of Bleed American
Like half of Bleed American are skips for me. We talked about Futures earlier, and that's a much stronger overall album, so that's a weird criticism to me.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
m8, come on

Yeah weaker isn’t right word, it’s just not my favorite song on the album. I’d have it probably right about half way, but I also really love Bleed American top to bottom as an album.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad