Confirmed with Link: Dzingel for Paquette and Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Plus they traded two players for one, so you can add another million or so to cover the other roster hole they have to fill.

This was not a money saving deal for the sens. But, still, some will try to spin it that way.

Dorion either believes: (1) he's buying low on dzinger and can resign him; (2) this is a tradable asset for the deadline; or (3) he needs to improve the team to avoid further embarassment this season.
Why do they have to fill the roster with another player?
And dead money of 2 players not playing vs 1 that will play is a good move no?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Why do they have to fill the roster with another player?
And dead money of 2 players not playing vs 1 that will play is a good move no?
I think it's a great move. But it's not going to save Eug money.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I thought the offer was 5yr -20M?

Makes sense as he signed for nearly that anyways. Nice to have some speed back.

I was really happy to have Paquette come there. I thought it was a huge addition to the 4th line and with some Stanley Cup veteran pedigree. Instead , he was the most dishonest player to ever wear a jersey in Ottawa. One of the biggest disappointments in recent memory.

Galchenyuk, I was never a fan of, and probably the most memorable one goal player in the history of the Senators. Can't play and still cheats everywhere where the puck isn't. Still, as a in insurance policy, it was a smart move, and just as smart to get out of it

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I thought the offer was 5yr -20M?

Makes sense as he signed for nearly that anyways. Nice to have some speed back.

I was really happy to have Paquette come there. I thought it was a huge addition to the 4th line and with some Stanley Cup veteran pedigree. Instead , he was the most dishonest player to ever wear a jersey in Ottawa. One of the biggest disappointments in recent memory.

Galchenyuk, I was never a fan of, and probably the most memorable one goal player in the history of the Senators. Can't play and still cheats everywhere where the puck isn't. Still, as a in insurance policy, it was a smart move, and just as smart to get out of it

every player we get from tampa ends up biting us in the ass except for kuba

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I do not think he actually offered that.

One of the biggest reasons I actually defend Dorion a lot is him not re-signing Turris; the trade, and what ensued, was just so unfortunate.

Turris + Byram

Duchene for 60 games(raised Dzingel's value to an extra round pick used for Murray) + Thomson + Abramov + Davidsson + not signing Turris 6x6

Hopefully Thomson pans out as a top 4 to make that disaster less of a disaster.

A common theme around here is that somebody can post a rumor, or speculate something and before long its remembered as fact.

Contract offers, trade offers .... mostly unsubstantiated, but far enough removed that many forget it was speculative.

Happens allllllllllllll the time on this board

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
A common theme around here is that somebody can post a rumor, or speculate something and before long its remembered as fact.

Contract offers, trade offers .... mostly unsubstantiated, but far enough removed that many forget it was speculative.

With respect to this instance, its a little different in that its Garrioch explicity stating it and we know he's been fed a lot of information and used as a tool for their pr at times.

Reactions: Yak

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
With respect to this instance, its a little different in that its Garrioch explicity stating it and we know he's been fed a lot of information and used as a tool for their pr at times.

Thats fair. I cant remember what the rumour was for dingle.

Just pointing out something that happens a lot.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

What are you on about? Is it cause I said, "I do not think he actually offered that."?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dorion just likes to make trades I think

Dorion had to make a trade as his other trades turned into crap and the team is at the bottom of the league. He is doing it to try to save his job. It won't work. He is gonzo at the end of next season or sooner.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Dorion had to make a trade as his other trades turned into crap and the team is at the bottom of the league. He is doing it to try to save his job. It won't work. He is gonzo at the end of next season or sooner.
Do you want to put a friendly wager on that ?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Good move Pierre. Decent player for two half decent players. Fills a severe need for speed with a guy who can play up and down the lineup. Hopefully opens up a roster spot for Logan.

every player we get from tampa ends up biting us in the ass except for kuba

You appear to be forgetting all time great Ottawa senator Juha Ylönen.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
What are you on about? Is it cause I said, "I do not think he actually offered that."?

Dont get your knickers in a twist, if anything I agree with you on that I doubt Dzingle was actually offered that exact contract.

I wasn't speaking about anyone in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad