Dynasty League (FM) Interest Gauge & Discussion

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've received interest from some friends outside of this board so last chance if you're a long time board member. They'll sign up here to do the drat and such...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well, honestly, making the tactics aren't so bad and really since I'm going to be doing all of the simming and database work myself you guys would probably not have a lot of work to do at all.

I think we have 10 people "confirmed" so far:

les Habs, Aladyyn, Vasilevskiy, SJSharks39, robertmac43, Halladay, VEGASKING?, Pavel Buchnevich, Venkman and me. If we could get 4 more that would be fantastic. I know some people are worried about the level of commitment required but like I said before since I'll be doing the vast majority of the work really it'll just be about following your teams, maybe sending in a tactic once in a while, and picking your favourite players or whatever. The "transfer windows" will just be a draft but with team size limits a lot of people might not even need to do it (my suggestion would actually be 25 senior players, 25 u23 players, 3 gks on each team to be safe). We can talk about the logistics and whatnot in terms of the rules if we get enough people and come to an agreement everyone can work with, but yeah, I'd really love to start something like this from scratch.
I appreciate the work you're going to put into it, but I am still undecided because I don't know how busy I will be once the lockdowns eventually get lifted. Like as of now I am pretty open, but I don't want to promise you blokes something and then back out later.

If anybody wants to CO-GM with me, I would definitely be good in joining that if you lot will allow me to play that way?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So we're not going to be using HFBoards?
I just think it would make more sense to have its own location because of all the things to keep track of like standings, discussion, team rosters, draft topics, etc.

But if people are set on it being here I could try to work it. It just makes my job a lot harder I think.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I just think it would make more sense to have its own location because of all the things to keep track of like standings, discussion, team rosters, draft topics, etc.

But if people are set on it being here I could try to work it. It just makes my job a lot harder I think.

I just want to make sure everybody signs up. I'm not on Reddit, but I can join if that's how you want to do it.

Also, @S E P H @Duchene2MacKinnon and @Vasilevskiy are my co-GMs. They are all going to tell me who I should take and that way I'll know who not to draft!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not on reddit either, but if that's how we're doing it, I can make an account. Are we starting this instantly or later on?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not on reddit either, but if that's how we're doing it, I can make an account. Are we starting this instantly or later on?
I’m not in a huge rush but I think the earlier we start the better since the drafts could take a while and then getting set up.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've posted the link above to the reddit forum; so far we have 5 in there and waiting on the rest. It's a really easy medium to use and you'll just have to remember to check in during draft and so on. It's a private reddit so you'll need approval before being able to get in so either send a message via the link above or send me your reddit username if you have one/when you make one. Still waiting on:

@Pavel Buchnevich @VEGASKING @Halladay @robertmac43 @SJSharks39 to join up. The others we're waiting on I'll prod to join today. It'd be great to be able to get started on this ASAP.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hey lads sorry if this disappoints anyone but I don’t think I’ll be running this anymore. I’ll stick to simulating the draft we had for now.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
What's this all about? You're not getting enough at the OTHER Dynasty? I don't care either way, but at least change your league name. Also, we've tried doing a draft and another league before and it died after 4 weeks, especially with all the requirements from the other league still happening.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
For those that expressed interest, I'm just letting you know that this is back on. I've spoken with a few people and I've made a new reddit out of respect for the league that I'm currently in; there was a bit of a misunderstanding there and it's all wrapped up now so I'd really like to pursue this if you guys are still interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForeverFooty/

Go to that page and 'message the mod' to gain access. Or, alternatively, send me your reddit username again. I'll go and add the people that had already been there, but please do this sooner than later if you are still interested. The faster we get started the longer we can hold interest and actually get it off the ground. Join it, add it to your favourites, check back frequently!

@Pavel Buchnevich @VEGASKING @les Habs @Vasilevskiy @Halladay @robertmac43 @Aladyyn @SJSharks39 @Venkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad