Dynasty League (FM) Interest Gauge & Discussion

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hey lads,

So this little venture into the draft FM simulation has kind of piqued my interest. I've found the database editing not actually all that difficult, and I love dynasty leagues.

My proposal would be this:

We draft two teams, first a 22 player team that would be our club, and then after that draft is over, we do a 2nd draft which would be a 22 player u23 team (based on birth year). I could set this database up and provide everyone with the necessary information to provide a tactic to use in the game (even without the game you can build solid tactics using the information here: Guide to FM | Football Manager 2020 Guide). Transfer windows would happen at the end of the season (we could talk about the logistics of having a mid season one) and would work with a draft order based on league position (last gets first pick and so on, for balance).

I'm happy to shoulder the majority of the work and create a video series dedicated to it, with maybe a bit of help here and there for organization.

Thoughts? We can definitely hammer out details like how to deal with substitutions, injuries, tactics, etc. if there's enough interest to actually keep this going. Some of those can be discussed here if you have any questions!

Reactions: Cassano

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When I say Dynasty I do mean like, long term though. Not just while footy is suspended :p

Reactions: les Habs

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
When I say Dynasty I do mean like, long term though. Not just while footy is suspended :p

Well yes, but the main time consuming part would be the draft. I'm guessing the long term stuff would not require too much time.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So is it one season at a time, IE you do one season with FM20, then when FM21 comes out it's the next season?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So is it one season at a time, IE you do one season with FM20, then when FM21 comes out it's the next season?
This is what I think would work best. If I'm doing it this way, and making videos etc. it could be a lot of work. I think having the summer draft inbetween could break up the seasons nicely.
Maybe we could call it Login :sarcasm:

Would this have a forum or just keeping it here on HF? Starting from scratch with a draft would be fun.
I think for now we could organize most of it here and then if people really stick to it and like it we could make our own little place to house it.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Since patience is not a virtue when it comes to starting these drafts, just from a draft perspective I think there are a couple of things we need clarity on before we start the draft. I also think we could conduc the draft differently in one regard.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Not in. Not because it isn't a good idea, because it's a great idea. I'm just trying to use the internet way less so I don't want to commit to something like this.
Same here. This is an amazing idea, I just don't think I can commit to it while working 2 jobs and a couple of certifications I need to get out of the way within the next ~90 days.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not in. Not because it isn't a good idea, because it's a great idea. I'm just trying to use the internet way less so I don't want to commit to something like this.
Same here. This is an amazing idea, I just don't think I can commit to it while working 2 jobs and a couple of certifications I need to get out of the way within the next ~90 days.
For what it's worth the only real time sink would be when we do the draft and you make your tactic. I'm only going to be putting up a matchweek once a week and really you shouldn't need to be too involved aside from checking in on results and you don't need to do that every day either. Then once or twice a year there'll be the "transfer window" draft. We're not in a huge rush to start so the draft shouldn't be too stressful either. You're both regulars and would be great to have on board but obviously your life comes first.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@S E P H

@The Abusement Park

Well?

For what it's worth the only real time sink would be when we do the draft and you make your tactic. I'm only going to be putting up a matchweek once a week and really you shouldn't need to be too involved aside from checking in on results and you don't need to do that every day either. Then once or twice a year there'll be the "transfer window" draft. We're not in a huge rush to start so the draft shouldn't be too stressful either. You're both regulars and would be great to have on board but obviously your life comes first.

Something to consider guys.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm not 100% sure I'd be able to fully commit to something like this. Drafts and stuff are a lot easier for me though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wouldn't mind doing that, but I wouldn't really want to actually manager the games and all of that jazz. I would want to do a draft and then be like a fan.

I don't like the idea of an U23 team personally, I would want to draft like the team/subs and keep injuries off so we don't run out of players.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wouldn't mind doing that, but I wouldn't really want to actually manager the games and all of that jazz. I would want to do a draft and then be like a fan.

I don't like the idea of an U23 team personally, I would want to draft like the team/subs and keep injuries off so we don't run out of players.
Well, honestly, making the tactics aren't so bad and really since I'm going to be doing all of the simming and database work myself you guys would probably not have a lot of work to do at all.

I think we have 10 people "confirmed" so far:

les Habs, Aladyyn, Vasilevskiy, SJSharks39, robertmac43, Halladay, VEGASKING?, Pavel Buchnevich, Venkman and me. If we could get 4 more that would be fantastic. I know some people are worried about the level of commitment required but like I said before since I'll be doing the vast majority of the work really it'll just be about following your teams, maybe sending in a tactic once in a while, and picking your favourite players or whatever. The "transfer windows" will just be a draft but with team size limits a lot of people might not even need to do it (my suggestion would actually be 25 senior players, 25 u23 players, 3 gks on each team to be safe). We can talk about the logistics and whatnot in terms of the rules if we get enough people and come to an agreement everyone can work with, but yeah, I'd really love to start something like this from scratch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad