Dynamic ticket pricing - yay or nay?

Do you like dynamic ticket pricing as a consumer?

• Total voters

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yes and no. It really depends on the team. The Cardinals in baseball do a very good job of it. You can get all-inclusive seats on the non-premier teams/dates for $100 or less, and it's legitimately good food, not just the concession stand or simple stuff. You tend to see it work better in sports like baseball where there isn't a high likelihood of a sellout for the lower tier games. For smaller stadium sports or sports with less games, it's more likely that they can fill the arena without lowering prices much.

I need to come to a Cardinals game...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I need to come to a Cardinals game...
Well looks like the place where I sat a couple years ago at 100 is now $125 at the bottom for a weekday non-premier opponent. A weekend Cubs game is $330. A weekend Braves is $220. It's a definite bargain at $125, and probably fair at $220, but it would just be out of what I'd feel comfortable spending.

Reactions: triggrman

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Oh f***ing hell no. Ranger's do it, it sucks. You want to go to anything other than some shit game on a tuesday, great you will find a cheaper seats, want to see a weekend game or a rival game? Have fun paying through the ass.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
In principle yes, in practice no.

If it meant that for games where demand is low (ex. weekday games with a losing team) the price comes down, then sure, I'd be "ok" with dynamic pricing (within reason).

That's not what going on though. They're using "dynamic pricing" as an excuse to raise the price on certain games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad