Proposal: Dylan Strome

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
What would the Hawks want from the Wild for Dylan Strome?

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Gaudreau + Ryan for Stome ÷ Debrincat

Hawks pass. Don’t really want Gaudreau and especially don’t want to trade DeBrincat to get him, let alone trade Strome for Ryan. Hawks would be much more interested in Lindholm and Hanifin.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
What would the Hawks want from the Wild for Dylan Strome?

That’d be a hard trade to make given you guys are in division and the prospects/picks we’d be interested in (Kaprizov, Boldy, 9th overall) are off the table. Addison is solid too, but we’re pretty set on RHD at the moment. Not sure there’s a trade to be made. I’d say a young top-4 D or a young top-6 forward with a solid two-way game would be our target here.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Hawks pass. Don’t really want Gaudreau and especially don’t want to trade DeBrincat to get him, let alone trade Strome for Ryan. Hawks would be much more interested in Lindholm and Hanifin.
I think Kane could actually do wonders for Johnny's career and push his game to the next level. Lindholm is probably off the table, barring gross overpayment. Hanifin could be had but we'd need a young RD coming back, possibly as a part of a bigger package.
Hanifin + Ryan for Strome + Saad?

Definitely not ideal but its hard to come up with a deal, that could work for both clubs, due to cap implications.

Last edited:

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
I think Kane could actually do wonders for Johnny's career and push his game to the next level. Lindholm is probably off the table, barring gross overpayment. Hanifin could be had but we'd need a young RD coming back, possibly as a part of a bigger package.

Don’t blame you on Lindholm. Guy’s a really good player. As for a RD, not sure what we could give up. Our two top young RD (Boqvist and Mitchell) would be off the table most likely. We do have Beaudin, who plays LD and has top-4 potential. Maybe something around Strome and Beaudin for Hanifin and Bennett? Just spitballing.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Don’t blame you on Lindholm. Guy’s a really good player. As for a RD, not sure what we could give up. Our two top young RD (Boqvist and Mitchell) would be off the table most likely. We do have Beaudin, who plays LD and has top-4 potential. Maybe something around Strome and Beaudin for Hanifin and Bennett? Just spitballing.
Beaudin doesn't really do much for us, we already have a plethora of LD prospects, at that level or better. I would want Mitchell, especially being an Alberta boy. It might be the homer in me, but I value Hanifin slightly over Strome to begin with, so I think its a fairly reasonable offer, with Bennett going the other way.

Hanifin for Strome + Regula?

Last edited:

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Beaudin doesn't really do much for us, we already have a plethora of LD prospects, at that level or better. I would want Mitchell, especially being an Alberta boy. It might be the homer in me, but I value Hanifin slightly over Strome to begin with, so I think its a fairly reasonable offer, with Bennett going the other way.

Hanifin for Strome + Regula?

I wouldn’t do Mitchell as we’re very high on him, but Strome and Regula, I’d think long and hard about. Not sure I do it though. I agree that one for one, Strome for Hanifin favors us. I don’t know the Flames’ forward prospects that well other than Pelletier. Is there a decent but not great forward prospect you could add to balance that? Like a top-9 prospect rather than a top-6 prospect.

Strome + Regula for Hanifin + ???

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I wouldn’t do Mitchell as we’re very high on him, but Strome and Regula, I’d think long and hard about. Not sure I do it though. I agree that one for one, Strome for Hanifin favors us. I don’t know the Flames’ forward prospects that well other than Pelletier. Is there a decent but not great forward prospect you could add to balance that? Like a top-9 prospect rather than a top-6 prospect.

Strome + Regula for Hanifin + ???
Honestly, probably not. I feel thats fair, maybe even favorable for the Hawks. Trades seldom work out when you give up the best player in a deal. The only reason I'd consider it is because it fills a team need. I may consider chipping in a 4th or 5th if its a deal breaker but not much other than that.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Honestly, probably not. I feel thats fair, maybe even favorable for the Hawks. Trades seldom work out when you give up the best player in a deal. The only reason I'd consider it is because it fills a team need. I may consider chipping in a 4th or 5th if its a deal breaker but not much other than that.

I could probably live with that. 4th or 5th works for me. I think it fills needs for both. I wonder what the lines would look like for you guys if this trade were made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad