Proposal: Dylan Strome

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Hawks have Jonathan Toews still playing very well and Dach right behind him.

Taking that into account, also with the flat cap and Strome due a raise, Hawks are probably looking to move on from him.

Anyone looking for an offensive 2C? He's absolutely not a winger btw.

Reactions: lilfedor

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I wonder if he’d be a guy Ottawa would take a look at. Tierney likely gets moved out at some point, and Logan Brown might be running out of time here. Strome might be a nice option.

What is his value?

Reactions: Stuzchuk

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I wonder if he’d be a guy Ottawa would take a look at. Tierney likely gets moved out at some point, and Logan Brown might be running out of time here. Strome might be a nice option.

What is his value?

What would the ask be from Detroit? Wings absolutely need to add a center this offseason.
Chicago shouldn't be trading him to begin with.

He's a young RFA that will be a very cheap re-sign and is capable of putting up 60 points. The Hawks can't just throw away that kind of production, and a prospect drafted outside the top 10 doesn't have high odds of replacing that production, and if they did it wouldn't be for at least 3 years.

My point being, Chicago has no reason to trade Strome except for an overpay. They're in no position of losing him, and he's only going to get better. Why move him?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

He's a young RFA that will be a very cheap re-sign and is capable of putting up 60 points. The Hawks can't just throw away that kind of production, and a prospect drafted outside the top 10 doesn't have high odds of replacing that production, and if they did it wouldn't be for at least 3 years.

My point being, Chicago has no reason to trade Strome except for an overpay. They're in no position of losing him, and he's only going to get better. Why move him?

Cuz the OP said he was available.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

He can score 60 points playing with Pat Kane like his brother can score 60 points playing with Artemi Panarin.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
...60 points is 60 points. Not every player is capable of putting up 60 points with Kane (trust me, there's been many failures). That's just good chemistry.

Not every team has a Kane or Panarin to even attempt it with either. "60 points is 60 points" is easy to say atop the golden throne, but sounds pretty hollow when you're looking for him to be one of the go-to offensive players on a team without a superstar winger.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

What is his value?
I'd like Strome in Ottawa... would most likely cost 2020-1st (NYI) though

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda

Taking that into account, also with the flat cap and Strome due a raise, Hawks are probably looking to move on from him.

I'd trade Montour and Mittelstadt for him..

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'd like Strome in Ottawa... would most likely cost 2020-1st (NYI) though
I get what you're saying. A late 1st is probably the value people would attach to Strome.

But Chicago doesn't need to trade him, so why would they settle for a late 1st? They're likely not going to get a player better than Strome with that pick.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
At this point the pick is guaranteed to be 25th or later.

I have not read any new draft sorting rules....

If the consider the bye teams as division winners then they sort

28-31 those that win round (at least 2 division winners)
22-27 division winners if nyi and van advance is 24-37 if both eliminated
16-21/23 the playoff teams eliminated. I’m unsure how they are sorted..by pts or 82 games prorated.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Why would a young C capable of putting up 60 pts be a very cheap re-sign?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH

Columbus desperately needs a 2C with a scoring touch. Not sure they’re ideal partners with Chicago though. Would depend on what their need is in return?

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
He had a down year compared to the year before, mostly due to an injury. If a late 1st is the best that’s offered, I’d be happy to keep him. Ideally, we’d get a young top-4 D or a young top-6 wing with a good two-way game back. He’s only “available” because we have Toews and Dach as our top-2 Cs and he doesn’t have the defensive game to be our 3C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad