Eklund Rumor: Dylan Strome to Isles, Habs, Sabres or Leafs???

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Seriously. It's not that complex of a rule.

With all due respect, the banter about if his posts should be allowed as a source. Is actually more real and logical than most of the pap he spouts. Plus you have to remember there is no eklund warning on mobile. So when we see a proposal and its eklund, some people get frustrated.

I'm just a little disappointed a once great forum has sold its soul and is allowing fake rumors from sources

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
As a leafs fan I'd like the administrators to remove all leafs trade proposals from our fans...we finally have top end prospects that are doing it in NHL and we want to trade them for guys that are potentially great that are in trade rumours because their production has dropped?
FYI...we're keeping all our prospeçts including marlies, we keep adding through draft and summer signings as we lose allot of our bad contracts this offseason

We're good...and we will happily continue with what we have

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Yeah it's horrendous for the Yotes, Therefore will never happen. OEL is worth more then any of Nylander/Marner and Domi+Duclair is worth as much if not more then either Nylander/Marner who else are you going to add.

Yeah a 21 year old with 3 points in 17 games and Domi who is a great player but more of a 60 point guy, are worth a guy with 16 points in 18 games as an 18 year old, who had one of the best CHL years in history, and has been our best player, with franchise player potential, and another guy...

You know it's not even worth it. These guys have been under rated the entire time on this site, and I don't care, you guys don't watch them. These guys do have the value said here, they are young potential franchise forwards. We don't want your scraps and prospects who haven't lived up to the hype for our young stars.

That goes for Strome, Domi, Duclair, etc.

Only guy we would need is OEL and we don't need another offensive D honestly. Leafs aren't interesting in any trades really, just want to let the kids develop for now.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah a 21 year old with 3 points in 17 games and Domi who is a great player but more of a 60 point guy, are worth a guy with 16 points in 18 games as an 18 year old, who had one of the best CHL years in history, and has been our best player, with franchise player potential, and another guy...

You know it's not even worth it. These guys have been under rated the entire time on this site, and I don't care, you guys don't watch them. These guys do have the value said here, they are young potential franchise forwards. We don't want your scraps and prospects who haven't lived up to the hype for our young stars.

That goes for Strome, Domi, Duclair, etc.

Only guy we would need is OEL and we don't need another offensive D honestly. Leafs aren't interesting in any trades really, just want to let the kids develop for now.

Thank You...New team motto :handclap:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Fine, then let's remove the Leafs from the title of the thread.

They are only there because 90% of his rumors have them because it draws views. Why would the Leafs, with Matthews - Nylander - Kadri as their top 3 C's, trade for a guy who so far is behind all of them on their depth chart? So he can play 4th line C?

The value it would cost is not worth it as I have been calling him a bust since last year, and the Leafs were rumored to not want him anyways.

Honestly Strome is the last thing the Leafs need in their prospect pool. The only thing they need is potential top pairing D, preferably on the right side.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

One of Eklund's sources probably trolled him by saying Strome might be on the move when what it really meant was back to junior :laugh:

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
lol On a horrible team, he's played 7 games this season...being scratched for the remainder...

Does that look like the coyotes give a crap about him?

He's 19 years old and he's raw. Are the Islanders going to trade Barzal because they didn't play him more when he was up with the team?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He's 19 years old and he's raw. Are the Islanders going to trade Barzal because they didn't play him more when he was up with the team?

That poster spends most of his existence dogging the Coyotes. Don't waste your time.

So he goes back, not a big deal. Just needs to have more focus on his off ice work habits. His development over the summer was basically nonexistent.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Why would you even think of moving a 19/20 year old former #3 pick? These guys take time. Patients.

I just don't get these rumors.

Correct. Patience is what most posters don't understand when it relates to these young kids.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
Could be argued that Dominate and Nylander are close in value so no go on OEL for Marner. Coyotes still need OEL.

Is Dominate Duclair? Why is Duclair that close in value to Nylander? There's no way I would ever trade Nylander for Duclair, but that might just be me being biased.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Well he's a reputable source so I'm sure this will happen.

I mean how often has he actually gotten something wrong?

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad