Eklund Rumor: Dylan Strome to Isles, Habs, Sabres or Leafs???

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Strome is as big a part of Arizona's future as ever. He is being counted on to be a least a solid NHL 2C starting next year and the Coyotes will see that through until Strome proves otherwise.

Unless there is another young 2C being offered up, this post is a waste of time.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
IF, and I dont think this is true, but IF there is some concern about needing to speed up the rebuild a bit I could see something around

JVR+Kadri+Kappanen/Leipsic
for
Strome+ Zbynek Michalek (Cap dump) and Vrbata.

Strome obviously has way more value than Kadri, though Kadri really is looking a ton better under Babs. Kadri is looking like an above average 2C or below average 1C.

Michalek is only a few million and jus this year, but an AHL strain.

Kapanen and Leipisic are both having phenomenal years, and both look like they will be legit top 6 wingers in the NHL if given the chance.

Vrbata is an older much worse version of JVR, JVR makes a good bit of sense long term. This switch helps now and in the future.

I dont think a deal around Strome will happen, but if it does I think its for someone ready now, a improvement at another position, a cap dump, and an additional mid/high prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad