Confirmed with Link: Dylan Strome re-signed for 2 years at $3m AAV, Musto starts celebrating

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I dont think either will be stars but I think both will be very good.

I agree, but I think Reichel could be a star. I’m really high on him. I’m not expecting it but it wouldn’t surprise me if he turned into one.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The pipeline is not quite as barren people think. There is talent there. Do they need to add more? Yes but there is talent.

Don’t forget we got a first back. Everyone fails to mention this.

This is an observation in general and not directed at you but it is hilarious that when Boqvist was hear a lot of poster screamed bust but yet when we traded him he is a huge asset to give up.

We got thirty something pick, different universe than #11. And then used it on a guy projected to go in the 4th.

Reactions: Blackhawks

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We got thirty something pick, different universe than #11. And then used it on a guy projected to go in the 4th.

A first is a a first. Saying it is any different is a weak excuse. We have no idea how the pick will turn out but that is not the point.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
A first is a a first. Saying it is any different is a weak excuse. We have no idea how the pick will turn out but that is not the point.

A first isn’t a first. The #11 is not remotely the same as the #32. That’s silly.

Reactions: BobbyJet

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

That’s now how that works at all. You’re better than that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We traded down 20 spots. Both picks were first round picks (this is a fact and it is how it works) so not mentioning the firs we got back is bullshit.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
It’s not silly though.

Seth Jones and the 32nd will end up having kore value than Boqvist, the 11th, and the additional first.

That’s enormously speculative, and also completely devoid of context. I agree he’s played very well. But how valuable is he to the Blackhawks this year? Think they can go 1-11 without him?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It’s not silly though.

Seth Jones and the 32nd will end up having kore value than Boqvist, the 11th, and the additional first.

Exactly. Even if it’s a top5 pick. Jones is a 4th OVR pick and has already proven to be a great player. There’s no guarantee that your top 10 picks will be anything at all Strome, Boqvist, Dach for example. There’s a wide spectrum of results even drafting that early in the first round. Nothing is guaranteed.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
That's an incredibly goofy thing to say with any sense of certainty.

And first round picks have wildly varying amounts of value. Don't be hard headed about this.

It is just my opinion. I like Boqvist a lot as a prospect but i am extremely high on Jones. He is a legit number 1D and they a hard as shit to find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad