Dylan Strome has lost 12 of his last 13 games

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
That doesnt mean they were trading down... That means they got their guy. They would have picked Werenski if Marner was not available, guaranteed.
Toronto was trying to trade down to columbus’ pick, there’s literally a video of it you should watch it

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Babcock was actually interested in Hanifin and thats it. The dude isn't a scout so he should stay out of this stuff and not have much say. Aside from Babcock, the Leafs were heavily interested in Provorov, Werenski and Rantanen. Nothing indicated that the Leafs had interest in Strome.
This was recently talked about on the radio here in TO... The whole "Babcock only wanted Hanafin" narrative is wrong. Apparently, he just wanted to make sure the due diligence was done on the guy, but pretty early on switched to liking the other guys more, specifically Provorov.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
How is it Strome’s fault for the teams he plays on?

What if he was traded to Tampa?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
The whole Blackhawks roster, or at least their regulars, already lost 9 out of 10 games at one point this season before Strome joined the team.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dylan Strome has lost 12 of his last 13 games. 9 game losing streak. His teams have averaged 4.54 GA/game and Strome is- 12 in that span.
forgot the all caps and 10x font.

But yeah, Strome just isn't NHL ready I don't think. Should be playing in AHL. Although honestly, at this point he really should be progressing better. It's starting to look like he just doesn't have what it takes.

Reactions: CLW

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
A disturbing thought is that the Oilers had the 3rd best lottery odds that year. He would have been picked by the Oilers and there'd be 2 threads a day about how they ruined Strome and didn't develop him properly. And my god, would have finished even worse in the standings since then.
We also would not have had that video of the Oilers owner proposing to McDavid or that photo of the old couple clinging to him.

But I doubt the Oilers trade Hall if they don’t get McDavid.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Honest question:

Is Dylan Strome (NHL) good? Has he looked promising at all this season? What are the Chicago fans 1st impression of him?

I haven't watch him at all since e's gotten into the league.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Of course. Link?... Or na. Because all i have heard was Babcock wanted Werenski with the pick.

I’m sure you can google it. Leafs wanted provorov or werenski and we’re trying to trade down. There is the conversation with the CBJ about swapping picks that’s on YouTube, which was reported at the time to be conditional on Marner not being there.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hawks are the most fragile team in the league and Yotes aren't much better. I can't say the Yotes issues when he was there was his fault or not, but he's looked good in Chicago. Not top 3 in a draft good, but he has been one of our best players at creating chances in the last handful of games.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
A disturbing thought is that the Oilers had the 3rd best lottery odds that year. He would have been picked by the Oilers and there'd be 2 threads a day about how they ruined Strome and didn't develop him properly. And my god, would have finished even worse in the standings since then.
If the Oilers drafted 3rd that season, the threads would be about how Hanifin isn't a superstar because of the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad