Value of: Dylan Strome (as an RFA in the summer) or Brandon Saad

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
It sounds like Stan if he resigns strome It will be a 3 year deal similar to what Debrincat signed3.5 million.

Saads future depends how the team plays between now and the trade deadline if Chicago is either a wild card team or right their My GUESS he stays and gets moved in the off season if not he gets moved.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Maroon and Nuge did. I don’t buy the McDavid needs a fast player like a Kapanen that’s spoken like gospel on HF. Strome and McDavid are BFF and former line mates. Strome is a legit top 6 winger and can play center in a pinch. He’s a solid pickup
hopkins is actually fast he just plays at the speed his linemates set

Reactions: DarthProbert

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
This is tough. What can the pens give for either or. You guys want a player that can play right now and that might be difficult for us to give as we are in the hunt for the cup for a few more years

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
What I meant is that the Sharks aren't a good trading partner for the Hawks.
If I wanted something from you guys, it would be Meier but the Hawks can't afford him without trading someone else.
If the Hawks are trading Strome, they need NHL ready assets on an ELC.

Strome is kind of like a poor man's Jumbo Joe.
Extremely poor, unless you're talking about the current Joe.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
It sounds like Stan if he resigns strome It will be a 3 year deal similar to what Debrincat signed3.5 million.

Saads future depends how the team plays between now and the trade deadline if Chicago is either a wild
card team or right their My GUESS he stays and gets moved in the off season if not he gets moved.

Debrincat signed for $6.4 million a year extension

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
What does Chicago need if they trade Strome?

The Wild's most valuable pieces wouldn't really help your cap situation (Dumba, Zucker, Brodin). We do have guys like Donato, Greenway that would be much cheaper replacements, though not as good. We can't afford to give up 1sts or 2nds either.

We would need a two way forward or two way lhd, that is ready to play full time but is either on his ELC or signed cheap (sub 4 mil).

Only reason we are speculating about a Strome trade is his lack of defensive/gritty play, we need more of those.

Last edited:

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Just a reminder to everyone, if you click on a troll's user name you can go to his profile and click "ignore" and not see their posts anymore.

If you are a fan of the team offering the player that player has negative value.

Rule #1 of HFBOARDS Trade forum

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He did. 3 year extension worth $6.4 million a year.

I didn't know that was the exact figure, I thought it was 3.5 . Thanks for the info . I still don't see strome getting that kind of money based on his numbers solely.

I see strome getting something close to kap or Johnson salary range .

Reactions: Mrfenn92

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Not a need in Edmonton. Even if Strome has moved to wing, he doesn't look like he can keep up with McDavid or Draisaitl. He plays a different type of game that I don't see working with them. Not to mention that Edmonton can't afford to move out an ELC for a 6-7 million dollar player.

Oh you mean like that time Strome and McD were on the same team?

upload_2020-2-4_14-31-21.png

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Hawks are undervaluing scoring. Strome's defense has improved this season compared to last (at the expense of a little offense).

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I'd assume keeping the 22yr old that scores - a lot - would be obvious for a rebuilding team.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't have much interest in trading Strome, unless he asks for Debrincat money. 5mil or less, sign him. Get rid of Maatta or Smith with sweeteners if needed.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Don't know why Chicago would get away from a long term center combo of toews, dach, strome down the middle if strome signs a good deal

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad