Player Discussion: dylan samberg

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Enough.

Just for you I will start marking down on a calendar when I see each individual player play and I will send it out to you.

His stats speak for themselves.
touchy much? I asked a simple question?
65-70 point player as the 2C if we keep the wingers we have now.

Reactions: TS Quint

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
So just to be clear, and sorry if it's already been covered, if the season does resume he is ineligible to play, correct?

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
samberg_dylan.jpg

Welcome to Winnipeg Dylan! Great to have you on board! :thumbu:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Agree 100%
With Samberg and Heinola coming up, Niku is expendable and at his age and position, valuable in trade.
I’d look at packaging him with our 1st and a young forward for a 2C

Agree that we should make that move. I'm not sure that gets it done. I dont think Niku is as valued around the league as he is to us. Maybe he should be. Niku has an awesome set of tools to work with.

Roslovic + Niku + 1st is going to be the Jets meme in the trade forum for a 2C :laugh:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Agree 100%
With Samberg and Heinola coming up, Niku is expendable and at his age and position, valuable in trade.
I’d look at packaging him with our 1st and a young forward for a 2C

Agree that we should make that move. I'm not sure that gets it done. I dont think Niku is as valued around the league as he is to us. Maybe he should be. Niku has an awesome set of tools to work with.

Roslovic + Niku + 1st is going to be the Jets meme in the trade forum for a 2C :laugh:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Yeah wishful thinking. No team in their right mind is giving up a 2C for that package. Though GMs arent always in their right minds. Any team with a good top 6 C is probably looking for a stable top 4 defencemen. Though maybe we get lucky and a ROR type of trade lands in our laps.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I'd definitely qualify Niku. When I say he's the next Petan I don't really mean that. I think he is more likely to be an NHL regular. I just don't think it will be on the Jets. I'd still like to add someone like Parayko (I know fat chance :laugh:) but a big guy with good skill is what we've lost in spades and what we need to get back. I know that Samberg will likely be that guy eventually but we need someone to fill in the gap.

I didn't say I wouldn't qualify Niku. I said I wouldn't give him a raise as suggested. He certainly did not earn a raise.

Reactions: Jet and sipowicz

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Enough.

Just for you I will start marking down on a calendar when I see each individual player play and I will send it out to you.

His stats speak for themselves.

???? You mean his avg 60 pts per 82 games for his career playing mostly on sh**ty teams? Those stats?

5th in his draft class in scoring is pretty good. Doesn't live up to his draft position but that doesn't make him garbage.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
???? You mean his avg 60 pts per 82 games for his career playing mostly on sh**ty teams? Those stats?

5th in his draft class in scoring is pretty good. Doesn't live up to his draft position but that doesn't make him garbage.
Those points come with playing with good players. What's your explanation for so many players being worse with him than without?

There is very little context to just looking at his points vs his draft class. Are you really taking RNH before Huberdeau, Couturier, Zib, or Karlsson?

Guys like Anthanasiou and Galchenyuk are also examples of players that can put up points but are not a net positive. Points aren't everything.

Last edited:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
touchy much? I asked a simple question?
65-70 point player as the 2C if we keep the wingers we have now.
How do you guarantee those points? He's not playing with McDavid, Leon or Hall. He could revert to a 45 point player again. Maybe 50 something. Either way he needs to be dragged up by a superstar at least if history is an indication.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Lets just hope the Samberg hype lives up to expectations, unfortunately it didn't for either Poolman or Niku. Time will tell for Samberg who was arguably the second best D man on Minnesota -Duluth last season!

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Those points come with playing with good players. What's your explanation for so many players being worse with him than without?

There is very little context to just looking at his points vs his draft class. Are you really taking RNH before Huberdeau, Couturier, Zib, or Karlsson?

Guys like Anthanasiou and Galchenyuk are also examples of players that can put up points but are not a net positive. Points aren't everything.

Of course points aren't everything and no, I'm not necessarily going to automatically take players strictly by that measure. But points are a broad overall measure.

He didn't always play with good players. Far from it. I don't know that "so many players were worse with him than without". I can't read those those charts of yours.

He is not garbage.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Lets just hope the Samberg hype lives up to expectations, unfortunately it didn't for either Poolman or Niku. Time will tell for Samberg who was arguably the second best D man on Minnesota -Duluth last season!

How is/was Perunovich with his defensive game with MD? I know he racks up points but am curious as to whether it effects his defensive ability.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
How is/was Perunovich with his defensive game with MD? I know he racks up points but am curious as to whether it effects his defensive ability.
As I recall, Samberg led UMD in ice time this season.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

He was good at UMD but I thought at the world juniors he was just ok, where as Samberg was the US best D that year. I like Perunovich though and I think he will be a solid NHLer.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I hope so Sip. We have players like Pionk, Appleton, Copp, and Harkins who have all exceeded "reasonable" expectations recently so we will see with Dylan.

Reactions: sipowicz

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
He was good at UMD but I thought at the world juniors he was just ok, where as Samberg was the US best D that year. I like Perunovich though and I think he will be a solid NHLer.

I remember Samberg working his way up the lineup as the tournament wore on. He was by far the best “defender”, but have to admit I wasn’t paying too much attention to Perunovich.
Im definitely ok with a minute munching shut down defender to can play against top lines. I’m hoping Samberg can live up to our expectations.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I hope so Sip. We have players like Pionk, Appleton, Copp, and Harkins who have all exceeded "reasonable" expectations recently so we will see with Dylan.

In addition, there wasn't much hype for late rounders Poolman and Niku at the time they signed their ELCs. In fact, there has never been much hype for Poolman to be more than a bottom pairing guy.

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad