Player Discussion: dylan samberg

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
RNH is a center playing wing most games and I would love to see what he could do on the Jets. A very savvy player. High IQ, great playmaker, sees the ice really well and is a left hander which I like as a 2C.
I'm not sure what I would offer him and not sure what he would want on a new deal for cash.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I don't think we get a 2C without giving up a pretty big piece. Much bigger than Niku and a 1st.
Hence the part about other assets.
I wouldn’t move Ehlers or Connor, but I’d be ok with Roslovic + 1st + Niku as a start, and go from there.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hence the part about other assets.
I wouldn’t move Ehlers or Connor, but I’d be ok with Roslovic + 1st + Niku as a start, and go from there.

Can't see them being overly interested in a package of castoffs and a mid/late 1st for a guy that was showing decent chemistry with Drai. They'd probably prefer someone better than RNH and we aren't likely giving that up.

Reactions: Flair Hay

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I see $840k. They don't need to nudge it a nickel based on his play. It doesn't say they see no future. You send that message by not making a QO. I yr at 840 says he needs to do better if he is to have a future in the NHL.

There is no spare money or cap space to throw around on sending false encouragement messages.
$840,000 was Niku's base salary last season. Since his base salary was between $660,000 and $1 M a qualifying offer need to be 105% of his base salary so $882,000. While I'll agree Niku's play has disappointed to date I'm still holding onto his potential. I'd want to qualify Niku and give him another season in a more favourable role. Maybe on the 3rd pairing with Poolman.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
The RD isn’t as high quality as in past, but it’s much better than we started the season with.
It’s only 2 days without a Jets game for me. I have NHL Live and I’ve been rewatching games from this season... it’s either that or strip down to my boxers, paint my body purple, put a diaper on my head and run amuck.

why not do both?

Reactions: BatVader

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
$840,000 was Niku's base salary last season. Since his base salary was between $660,000 and $1 M a qualifying offer need to be 105% of his base salary so $882,000. While I'll agree Niku's play has disappointed to date I'm still holding onto his potential. I'd want to qualify Niku and give him another season in a more favourable role. Maybe on the 3rd pairing with Poolman.
I’m with you here. Niku and our vet singing like Beaulieu will split games in that spot. With injury Niku could move in any pair and even on right side. That would be a good third pair, Niku Poolman. Heinola is the wildcard next year. He likely starts with Moose but isn’t far away. He’ll be one season away or finish next year with the Jets. If Niku is not in the plans showcase him at the very least.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah I'd definitely qualify Niku. When I say he's the next Petan I don't really mean that. I think he is more likely to be an NHL regular. I just don't think it will be on the Jets. I'd still like to add someone like Parayko (I know fat chance :laugh:) but a big guy with good skill is what we've lost in spades and what we need to get back. I know that Samberg will likely be that guy eventually but we need someone to fill in the gap.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Don't argue with me. I just went to CF and read the number.

The problem with Niku is twofold. His play has been disappointing and Maurice doesn't like his game.

I think he has a shot at 3LD opposite Poolman but he will need to have a very strong TC to get that chance (if there is a TC in the fall). He needs to be better defensively and to assert himself more offensively.

So far, I think he has played much better on the right side than the left. He is going to have to overcome that habit and play the left side.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Kuli is considerably better than the average available bottom pairing UFA, it is more of a matter if you can get him close to that bargain barrel price.
Things better have changed big time since that last contract he signed. I get why Chevy did but I think Kulikov did as well.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I think I would have agreed with you a year or maybe even 6 months ago. But I wasn't impressed by Beaulieu this season, and I thought Kulikov really started to play well over the final couple of months.
I don't feel a small sample of not being garbage
Overrides what we have seen over the past couple years. I don't think the Jets have has a dumber player on the team. So many giant mistakes had me rewinding to try to figure out what was going through his mind. The other problem is PoMo doesn't care and gives him way too many minutes. Chevy needs to save PoMo from himself.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I like that idea, especially if it is for a veteran center...RNH would be nice.
RNH stinks. This has been the first season in a long time where he wasn't hurting his team on the ice. He's a 2C on a bad team and a 3C on a team that matters.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I like that idea, especially if it is for a veteran center...RNH would be nice.
RNH stinks. This has been the first season in a long time where he wasn't hurting his team on the ice. He's a 2C on a bad team and a 3C on a team that matters.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'm still on the Granlund train if we're looking for a 2C for Laine. UFA this season could be a solid get. I rewatched the Winnipeg Minnesota series recently and man was he everywhere.

Reactions: hn777

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
How much have you watched him play.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Don't argue with me. I just went to CF and read the number.

The problem with Niku is twofold. His play has been disappointing and Maurice doesn't like his game.

I think he has a shot at 3LD opposite Poolman but he will need to have a very strong TC to get that chance (if there is a TC in the fall). He needs to be better defensively and to assert himself more offensively.

So far, I think he has played much better on the right side than the left. He is going to have to overcome that habit and play the left side.
he has no chance to make this team as a starter. he will sign and be a 7th dman at best and fill in when injuries hit. sort of like postma. he will never play when everybody is healthy. and I doubt very much Maurice doesn't like him more like he doesn't trust him.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
How much have you watched him play.
Enough.

Just for you I will start marking down on a calendar when I see each individual player play and I will send it out to you.

His stats speak for themselves.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
nugenry93

nugenry93

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Stupid phone. Sorry about formatting.

That's a lot of players who were better off without him over the past couple years.

This year he looked better playing with Leon half the time in his breakout year.
nugenry93

Tou might just get another Little but for even more money. I wouldn't pay a 1st+ on that.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Enough.

Just for you I will start marking down on a calendar when I see each individual player play and I will send it out to you.

His stats speak for themselves.

You don't answer to anyone here TS'... you don't even need to say such things...

Time will prove you right... or wrong...

2d2a3193f55fa8add65643348ff09e56.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad