Player Discussion: dylan samberg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm with you that he hasn't been given a chance, but if it didn't happen last year when our lineup featured players like Bitetto, Sbisa, Dahlstrom, and Beaulieu I don't think it's going to happen. I hope he gets traded, I'm curious to see what he can do in this league.

He just isn't safe enough in his own end and with the puck for Maurice.

Now to be fair he hasn't really taken advantage of his opportunities like some of our other younger players like Harkins, Appelton etc have.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I expect that Samberg will push Niku down the depth chart, and when Heinola is ready it will be even harder for Niku to climb the depth chart.

Getting pushed down is a good thing...

Means we have more depth with potential... more competition for the spots... competition is good...

And when the eventual injuries come... more competency...

:nod:

PS.. oops... now I've done it... I'm holding the top 4 threads currently with posts... not sure this is good... or maybe you all went to lunch... I made Myself a Tuna Melt at 11... :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I expect that Samberg will push Niku down the depth chart, and when Heinola is ready it will be even harder for Niku to climb the depth chart.

He's competing with Poolman for that third pair RD slot imo and we know that Maurice prefers the types of tools Poolman has more.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Are we even allowed to have good news anymore???

I am so glad this kid signed. Given our D, do you folks figure he's a lock to play on the big club next year?

I'd say about as close as you can get to a lock for a player who hasn't played a single pro game yet. The question will be whether he can handle 2nd pair duty yet or will he start on the 3rd pair?

Reactions: surixon

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
D corps looking better.
Here’s what I’d do..

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Pionk
Beaulieu - Poolman
Dahlstrom

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Niku can start with Poolman while we have a vet #7. Let Heinola get stronger in ahl.

Jets need a dmen to expose to the expansion draft that will need to have met the minimal game requirement. I vet 7 dmen doesn't fulfill that. There will be an every day vet player in the lineup to meet that condition.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I definitely expected this, but good to hear nonetheless
Now he can start getting prepped for next year in Winnipeg!

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
You spelled “good enough” wrong.
Niku getting beat 1 on 1 when the Rags were in town is in the same column of the Oduya pizza IMO. Not easily forgotten.

Not sure if Hamonic is necessary given Poolmans play the last few weeks of games. Especially if De Melo signs.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets need a dmen to expose to the expansion draft that will need to have met the minimal game requirement. I vet 7 dmen doesn't fulfill that. There will be an every day vet player in the lineup to meet that condition.
How many games are needed? Cause a vet will get 30-40

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Visitor here.

I have not followed much this prospect. I have followed lots of Sami Niku and know how good he is and how much potential he carries.
So i'm asking, why is this Dylan Samberg considered better what Niku?.

Dylan Samberg
21 years old 43rd overall pick, no pro hockey experience, doesn't bring (too) much puck possession/skill/skating ability, right?.
Is big bodied and strong, good in his own end,yes? - what else?.

Sami Niku has already 389 pro games under his belt, better skater?, better offensive abilities?, better passer?
already proven pro player, yes?

+ Niku has experience from Champion Hockey League, Hlinka/Gretzky, Youth Olympics...

Why/how would no pro experience 21 year old unproven NCAA player automatically jump over
23 year old nearly 400 pro game, already proven pro player?????. Where's the logic in that?????

Reactions: HPsauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad