Player Discussion: dylan samberg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
OK for all of you guys that were panicking, saying trade him, despite every sign the kid was happy to join the Jets REMEMBER THIS FOR NEXT TIME :laugh:.

Lol, well I was never that concerned that we'd be able to sign him but did include him in some proposals for a young top 6 center as you have to give to get.

He's a nice addition to the teams defense and gives us a different type of skill set for the top 4. I hope Heinola is back next year and plays for the Moose where they convert him to RD.

I like the looks of this in the future top 4:

Morrissey Heinola
Samberg Pionk

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lol, well I was never that concerned that we'd be able to sign him but did include him in some proposals for a young top 6 center as you have to give to get.

He's a nice addition to the teams defense and gives us a different type of skill set for the top 4. I hope Heinola is back next year and plays for the Moose where they convert him to RD.

I like the looks of this in the future top 4:

Morrissey Heinola
Samberg Pionk

I am hopeful that next season looks like

Morrissey DeMelo
Samberg Pionk (by mid season or sooner)

I know some people are wondering how Samberg will adjust but I am not that worried. He is going into his Draft +4 season which is the same year Morrissey joined the Jets. On top of that Dylan is physically developed so that won't be an issue. Lastly its not like he is bumping a rock star out of that spot (notwithstanding possible summer acquisitions). My guess is Heinola is 1 to 2 seasons away but who knows.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

Morrissey DeMelo

I know some people are wondering how Samberg will adjust but I am not that worried. He is going into his Draft +4 season which is the same year Morrissey joined the Jets. On top of that Dylan is physically developed so that won't be an issue. Lastly its not like he is bumping a rock star out of that spot (notwithstanding possible summer acquisitions). My guess is Heinola is 1 to 2 seasons away but who knows.
I agree PS.

And there’s really no need to rush Heinola. He can play next year in NA, or stay in Europe another year. He just needs time for his body to mature, his game is pretty sound.

Edit: signing DeMelo would solve the short-term issue of needing another RH Dman in the top 4. A 3-4 year deal would allow a draft pick to develop into that role.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Morrissey DeMelo

That is how I see things by the middle of next season. Not sure if Samberg will immediately make the top 4 but I think he grows into the role throughout the year.

I also agree about Heinola. He likely needs atpeast another year of seasoning imo.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I could see him playing on the right side with Morrissey, but I could see him having amazing chemistry with Neal Pionk.

The other thing I can imagine happening is Travis Hamonic taking a massive long-term discount.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Play him with heinola on the moose for the first half of the season and then bring them up together when injuries happen

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Great news. Now the chicken little's can stop trying to trade him. ;)

:laugh: I posted a trade question yesterday - but not a Chicken Little one.

Glad he is signed now. Even if a trade would be a good one, I think it is moot now as Chevy is not the sort to sign a young player like that and then flip him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Good news that he is a Jet now.

Now go out and sign DeMelo Chevy!
And while you are in the office, give Brisebois a call and get Cirelli. :laugh: Then you can go back to the cottage and put your feet up.

Reactions: ulf

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Morrissey-Pionk
Samberg-DeMelo
Hamonic-Poolman/Niku
Beaulieu

All of a sudden we have a decent d-core
If we sign harmonic are u giving him to Vegas when we can only protect 3 or are forced to give a high pick to protect him?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Great news. Samberg is just what the Jets' D needs - a big, minute-munching defensive D that can limit high danger scoring chances and move the puck efficiently. I think he might be ready to step into a top-4 role and core PKer fairly soon.

A reminder about his game, from an article from February 2019 by Mitch Brown in the Athletic... Why Jets prospect Dylan Samberg has the making of a...

Note that Samberg has put in another season of experience, and was the top D on UMD in ice-time this past season, while also ramping up his point production to 0.75 points/game.

upload_2020-4-7_12-20-32.png

upload_2020-4-7_12-23-44.png

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You can’t be strong every position. I’d rather have a good top 4 d than a good 2c. Let ehlers carry a weaker centre as csw dominate league.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Maybe one day Niku will be allowed to play too.
I'm with you that he hasn't been given a chance, but if it didn't happen last year when our lineup featured players like Bitetto, Sbisa, Dahlstrom, and Beaulieu I don't think it's going to happen. I hope he gets traded, I'm curious to see what he can do in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad