Dylan McIlrath Part IV: Wrath a Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Ola "Do you have a link to anyone saying McIlrath "will play" last season?? I don't remember anyone going "Wrath will play bank on it"."

Me 11/02/14:

"He's 22 and the Rangers said his development would take years. He'll be in the NHL.

Zdeno Chara, at 22, played in 65 games for the Isles and was a -27. He was a -27 the next year, too, in 82 games.

Both seasons had 150+ PIMs and around 10 points.

Think he improved with age?

Obviously, I'm not saying Dylan will become Zdeno Chara, but the Islanders gave up on him at 23 and what happened after that? You know the story. Chara for Yashin. Fun."

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1692183&highlight=mcilrath&page=25

Me: 11/3/14

"These comparisons to Jessiman are just asinine.

Defenseman take longer to develop and are usually significantly older than forwards who break into the league and Mcilrath is right on schedule. The Rangers, and the draft, expected a project in Dylan that would take YEARS. He's 22 and will be fine."

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1692183&highlight=mcilrath&page=36

Me: 11/9/2014

"Exactly.

Been searching for ATOI for the AHL but I guess those stats aren't kept. I'd love to see the difference over the past few seasons in Dylan's ice time.

He'll be in the NHL at some point, patient or not."

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1692183&highlight=mcilrath&page=73

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
haohmaru- Yeah, but that was in reply to someone that I understood called himself "right" for calling that McIlrath would not play in the NHL -- last season (see post below)

I said he wouldn't play, the fanboys said I didn't know what I was talking about, because I hadn't seen him play in Hartford. THEY had seen him play. THEY knew something I didn't. I said it didn't matter what THEY or I thought of his play, my OPINION was based on what I thought the coach was going to do. THEY said I didn't know what I was talking about because I hadn't seen him play.

Finally, to shut everyone up, I said I'd bet $1000.00 that he wouldn't play another game all season. No one was willing to take that bet! (wisely)

Maybe they knew I was right after all...
:laugh:

The thing is, I am sure many last year said that McIlrath would play in the NHL one day. But I don't remember anyone saying that he would play with us during the 2014/15 season. That would have been solely dependable on speculation that we would suffer several injuries while we wanted to yank McIlrath from getting important time in HFD.

Sounds absurd.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Well, that's being uber-specific don't you think?

I "knew" he'd be in the NHL and thought it would be this year because of his waiver situation. Did I type, specifically, "I, haohmaru, guarantee that Dylan Mcilrath will play for the New York Rangers in 2015-16"

No, but that's a bit asinine.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
haohmaru- Yeah, but that was in reply to someone that I understood called himself "right" for calling that McIlrath would not play in the NHL -- last season (see post below)

The thing is, I am sure many last year said that McIlrath would play in the NHL one day. But I don't remember anyone saying that he would play with us during the 2014/15 season. That would have been solely dependable on speculation that we would suffer several injuries while we wanted to yank McIlrath from getting important time in HFD.

Sounds absurd.

Oh, were you talking about 2014-15? Nevermind. :P

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
"Do you have a link to anyone saying McIlrath "will play" last season?? I don't remember anyone going "Wrath will play bank on it"."

I got chewed up for suggesting he was done for the season....which is all I did at first, saying I thought AV didn't want him.

Hey, that's over, last season is done. He gets a brand new chance to prove himself, and if anyone thinks I WANT the kid to fail, you're wrong.

I'm hoping he can take significant minutes and keep some of our veteran D men from wearing down over the course of the season. That could be a difference maker this year.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I said when his parents got together and started making babies that their son would be a long time Ranger.

:laugh:

point well made.

Now that we know who all the genius' are and who wears the dunce caps, can we move this discussion along?

In all my years on this board I never thought I'd see a discussion to rival the one on Jessiman. Well, here we are.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So can McDonagh be referred to as Mac 1 and McIlrath as Mac 2? Things are about to get confusing with both of them on the team.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
at this point its no longer about will he play or will he not play. hes made the team.

its now, what will he become ?

ultimately, what he becomes as a player will decide the pick as good or bad.

new chapter to this novel.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The thing that nobody is discussing, which is a real issue, is will him sitting on the sidelines and playing 20ish games this year actually hurt his progression or worse yet set him back.

its rare for a player to get better without actually playing in games. Im actually a little worried about this.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I set up his parents on their first date with the idea that their offspring would be a long time Ranger.

It's a little known fact but McIlrath parents used a surrogate father. The only evidence the birth father left was the gigantic footprints of his Ox. The Father's ox was massive, the folks that lived and worked on the prairie called the Ox Babe.

As per the custody agreement Dylan's dad doesn't get to see his son much. The truth is he's heartbroken because Dylan's mom, well, when she urged Dylan to use a graphite stick instead of wood. As a lumberjack he was heartbroken that his son wouldn't embrace wood.

That doesn't stop Dylan from having legends told about him. It just runs in the family.

Hopefully Paul Bunyon gets to Winnipeg or Minnesota to see his son play this year. He checked the AHL schedule and thought that was his only hope. Until McIlrath made the Rangers......Now he knows he can see his son live in an NHL arena, the day of the game, practicing with the extra players as the 7th defenseman.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The thing that nobody is discussing, which is a real issue, is will him sitting on the sidelines and playing 20ish games this year actually hurt his progression or worse yet set him back.

its rare for a player to get better without actually playing in games. Im actually a little worried about this.

Not to be 'that' guy, but I've actually brought this up a number of times. My hope is that he'll trade starts with Klein to start the year and he'll see more ice, but it's definitely an issue. Skating with the NHL roster is fine and dandy, but is it adequate enough for real, tangible development? I'm not so sure.

Hell, maybe this whole Diaz scenario is just a buffer while they work out a trade to move McIlrath. :dunno:

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

Good question. I'm a bit concerned there as well. Now that you mention it. Guess we shall see what happens.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Not to be 'that' guy, but I've actually brought this up a number of times. My hope is that he'll trade starts with Klein to start the year and he'll see more ice, but it's definitely an issue. Skating with the NHL roster is fine and dandy, but is it adequate enough for real, tangible development? I'm not so sure.

Hell, maybe this whole Diaz scenario is just a buffer while they work out a trade to move McIlrath. :dunno:

As much as I'd like for that to happen I can't conceivably see it.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

well to be fair, i havent really been reading the forum in depth the last week or so..my wife had major surgery so ive been away from the boards...read it a bit in the hospital, but its all a jumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad