Dylan mcilrath---in 10 years---

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
As for McIlrath it really comes down to this:

He's fine as far as how far along he is in his development, but his ceiling is woefully low for where he was drafted. Not his fault. The fact that we drafted to fill a need rather than taking anything close to BPA, and then supposedly expected the player we took to fill a need to take 4+ years to be ready is lunacy. In that time we've had a coaching change, one major trade (Nash), another medium trade (Gaborik), may now trade Callahan, may buy out Richards... In other words, in 2010 we drafted to fill a need and in the time we've been waiting, we've had an entire regime and direction change. Eventually having the privilege of a tough bottom pairing dman with limited upside is never going to be worth the wait.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

He's fine as far as how far along he is in his development, but his ceiling is woefully low for where he was drafted. Not his fault. The fact that we drafted to fill a need rather than taking anything close to BPA, and then supposedly expected the player we took to fill a need to take 4+ years to be ready is lunacy. In that time we've had a coaching change, one major trade (Nash), another medium trade (Gaborik), may now trade Callahan, may buy out Richards... In other words, in 2010 we drafted to fill a need and in the time we've been waiting, we've had an entire regime and direction change. Eventually having the privilege of a tough bottom pairing dman with limited upside is never going to be worth the wait.

I agree with this guy. Team taking a largely different approach since the guy was drafted... They had a lot more choice on the table could've had a bpa for the #10 spot. It's nice to hopefully have a tougher crease clearer but at what cost... Not sure the project will pan out so great.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009

Except this isn't true at all.

He is an extremely unique skill set that most "bottom pairing tough-guy" d-men absolutely do not have.

And I hated the pick and still do to an extent. But to say he has an extremely low ceiling is just wrong.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Except this isn't true at all.

He is an extremely unique skill set that most "bottom pairing tough-guy" d-men absolutely do not have.

And I hated the pick and still do to an extent. But to say he has an extremely low ceiling is just wrong.

He has an extremely low ceiling. There is no way he is ever more then a bottom pairing dman with limited upside. He'll play 12 minutes a night.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He has an extremely low ceiling. There is no way he is ever more then a bottom pairing dman with limited upside. He'll play 12 minutes a night.

This is just flat out incorrect. He could be that, but he has an upside of 2nd pair defender, maybe a complimentary 1st.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
This is just flat out incorrect. He could be that, but he has an upside of 2nd pair defender, maybe a complimentary 1st.

Bull. ****. If he is ever a #4, in a pinch, it will be a miracle. If he was another team's prospect and they suggested he could one day be a complimentary 1st pair D you'd laugh in their face. The kids upside is literally no higher than a 5/6.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If he makes and sticks in the NHL I am thinking Erskine, O'Brien

If everything goes right, I'd guess something like Bieksa but I think that is optimistic.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Bull. ****. If he is ever a #4, in a pinch, it will be a miracle. If he was another team's prospect and they suggested he could one day be a complimentary 1st pair D you'd laugh in their face. The kids upside is literally no higher than a 5/6.

His upside is much higher than that of a Mike Sauer, and he was a pretty damn good #4 for us in his first year here. Likely would of been much better than that if not for the Phaneuf hit.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
His upside is much higher than that of a Mike Sauer, and he was a pretty damn good #4 for us in his first year here. Likely would of been much better than that if not for the Phaneuf hit.

He played a small sample. Very small. And I don't remember it being THAT impressive.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Great post dude I learned a lot.

His skating is better than most bottom pair D already. He moves well laterally and is getting better and better with the puck. Also solid positionally. Good #4 guy.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Great post dude I learned a lot.

His skating is better than most bottom pair D already. He moves well laterally and is getting better and better with the puck. Also solid positionally. Good #4 guy.
Exactly and I certainly trust reports from Beacon and BRF who actually watch the games.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
So two barely NHL players?

Jeez.

This next season is a big one for him, I am not a McIlrath expert, I have seen him in traverse city, preseasons, two AHL games, and in the two NHL games, all I gathered is I did not think he skated very well and he made some errors reading the plays, maybe over aggression or nerves, maybe not. He reminded me of who I put above, nothing more really to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00