Injury Report: Dylan McIlrath (1/6: Skated without problem )

RangersHank*

Well this is good news on McIlrath--sounds as if he's out it won't be for long.

Thought Cherneski had shattered his kneecap--not his knee. In any case that was a huge blow to the organization as was Dan Blackburn a few years later and then Cherpanov's death. We've have our share of bad luck with top draft choices. Throw in a handful of poor picks and not hard to see how we're always behind the eight ball injecting quality young players into our lineup.

Yep, drafting could be better.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Anyway AV did not seem to want to play McIlrath very much while he was up. He'd rather have Falk or Del Zotto (who supposedly he hates). FWIW Dylan just happened to be in the one game we won on the home stand and in that game won the Broadway hat only to be scratched the next game and sent back to the AHL the following day when the Rangers cemented their holiday lineup. It's a good thing everyone can enjoy their Xmas without worrying about getting traded--three or four more games where all the 6 remaining D no matter how well they play are guaranteed a spot in the next game's lineup. Just ****ing perfect. AV--'We're going to continue to play Hank until he finds his game no matter how many we lose and we're going to continue to play the same 5 ****ups and McDonagh on D no matter how many we lose'.

The opening post here might be a bit over the top blaming them for McIlrath's injury but in general his premise that Slats and AV need to get **** canned is right on the money.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Anyway AV did not seem to want to play McIlrath very much while he was up. He'd rather have Falk or Del Zotto (who supposedly he hates). FWIW Dylan just happened to be in the one game we won on the home stand and in that game won the Broadway hat only to be scratched the next game and sent back to the AHL the following day when the Rangers cemented their holiday lineup. It's a good thing everyone can enjoy their Xmas without worrying about getting traded--three or four more games where all the 6 remaining D no matter how well they play are guaranteed a spot in the next game's lineup. Just ****ing perfect. AV--'We're going to continue to play Hank until he finds his game no matter how many we lose and we're going to continue to play the same 5 ****ups and McDonagh on D no matter how many we lose'.

The opening post here might be a bit over the top blaming them for McIlrath's injury but in general his premise that Slats and AV need to get **** canned is right on the money.

is thqat bad? So what? We have a single non PO season? Good. The team needs to remember what losing is like, it'll reveal who needs to go and it'll hopefully motivate the rest to want to avoid this. But let's face it we've got quite a few guys at the top of the lineup who are complacent with losing. Point is sometimes a team has a losing season and many times that losing season can help turn a teams future around.

It has been WIDELY acknowledged that the rangers as an organization keep trying to put tape over massive holes rather than fixing them. We have done this for well over a decade and it has gotten us nothing. Yet you are advocating they keep doing this. For them to keep doing it... It's the definition of insanity

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Fast got sent down and then got hurt after 3 games. Why was there no thread calling out for AV and Sather's heads after that? Oh, that's right, Fast doesn't fight.

SlingshotVv

arm-bar all the things
Sep 28, 2009
Colonia, NJ
The frustration here is logical. McIlrath's productive AHL time is probably done. It's time for him to be on the big club and contributing. We need some serious toughness, and a blue liner ready to replace Girardi. We needed to get McI through some growing pains and see what we have here. Instead we have Falk in the line-up, as if our chances are drastically increased with him.

Falk will probably make a mistake less per game than McI right now, and that's why AV has Falk in. Win now. What more was Dylan going to do in the AHL? Beat a few more players up? He needed to be here, and the staff needed to be evaluating if his NHL game was going to grow in his time here, or if he was a bust. Instead we have a staff that's desperate for wins right now. So instead of increasing his minutes gradually and working on his NHL confidence, they go back to Falk, who probably doesn't have a future here anyway, send McIlrath flown, and now he may have suffered a major injury. All in the name of win now to keep their jobs. The teM needed him, and his kind of game to blossom here, this really was his time.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
is thqat bad? So what? We have a single non PO season? Good. The team needs to remember what losing is like, it'll reveal who needs to go and it'll hopefully motivate the rest to want to avoid this. But let's face it we've got quite a few guys at the top of the lineup who are complacent with losing. Point is sometimes a team has a losing season and many times that losing season can help turn a teams future around.

It has been WIDELY acknowledged that the rangers as an organization keep trying to put tape over massive holes rather than fixing them. We have done this for well over a decade and it has gotten us nothing. Yet you are advocating they keep doing this. For them to keep doing it... It's the definition of insanity

I guess it depends on your point of view. I'll say this--Talbot's been better than Lundqvist this year. Better win-loss record-better save %--better goals against average. Lundqvist has had the last 8 starts. He's won 1 game out of the 8. Got replaced once against Columbus. These are all home starts. A good many of the games against mediocre or not good teams. Most of them Henrik gave up at least one goal that he should have stopped. He's not been by any means the definition of hot. Frankly he's sucked pretty much the whole year.

Your second paragraph is just ****ing silly. What am I advocating? That the back up goalie--a rookie plays because he's playing better? So we might have a better chance of winning a game now and again? Is that a band aid? Is that taping over a massive hole?

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Fast got sent down and then got hurt after 3 games. Why was there no thread calling out for AV and Sather's heads after that? Oh, that's right, Fast doesn't fight.

Fast IS A VERY SOLID PROSPECT AND YES HE WAS INJURED, I AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE I SPOKE TO DIDNT THINK HE WAS NHL READY AND NEVER SHOULD HAVE MADE THE TEAM TO START WITH.. FIGHTING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THE KID CAN ADD A ELEMENT WE HAVE LACKED FOR 15 YRS. TAKE YOU IGNORANT ANTI ME VISION OUT OF YOUR POSTS AND FOCUS ON THE POINT UNLESS YOUR UNABLE TO STOP YOUR OBSESSION IN SHOOTING ME DOWN.. AV AND SATHER ARE BOTH HORRIBLE SO FAR THIS YR.. BY THE WAY HANK SUCKS REALLY BAD THIS SEASON AV CONTINUED PLAYING HIM IS A JOKE .NO ONE ON THIS BOARD HAS STOPPED THE MAN CRUSHING ON HIM BUT I AM WRONG FOR LIKING SOMEONE OTHER THEN HANK I GET IT..

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Fast IS A VERY SOLID PROSPECT AND YES HE WAS INJURED, I AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE I SPOKE TO DIDNT THINK HE WAS NHL READY AND NEVER SHOULD HAVE MADE THE TEAM TO START WITH.. FIGHTING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THE KID CAN ADD A ELEMENT WE HAVE LACKED FOR 15 YRS. TAKE YOU IGNORANT ANTI ME VISION OUT OF YOUR POSTS AND FOCUS ON THE POINT UNLESS YOUR UNABLE TO STOP YOUR OBSESSION IN SHOOTING ME DOWN.. AV AND SATHER ARE BOTH HORRIBLE SO FAR THIS YR.. BY THE WAY HANK SUCKS REALLY BAD THIS SEASON AV CONTINUED PLAYING HIM IS A JOKE .NO ONE ON THIS BOARD HAS STOPPED THE MAN CRUSHING ON HIM BUT I AM WRONG FOR LIKING SOMEONE OTHER THEN HANK I GET IT..

One, stop the caps lock posting. It's annoying

Two, who is mancrushing on Henrik? Everyone's pissed about his recent play.

Three, you've made your bed here at HF by constantly advocating getting more goons and fighters on the team. The only person here being ignorant right now is yourself.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo

What is your point?

It have not been answered yet, is it the same knee?!

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007

Um...

How does Mac getting hurt have anything to do with AV and Sather and why would that get them fired? I fail to see the connection...and chill with the caps.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's funny, but the same people harping Dagoon about him being mad at Sather/AV for this are the same people who are going "well, thank God we traded Gaborik because he's injured again"

HF Logic. Can't have it both ways.

For the record, both are ridiculous statements and thoughts to have.

Who's to say McIlrath wouldn't have been injured in the NHL? Same logic, who's to say Gaborik would have the same injury problems if he stayed in New York?

"Mr. Glass" played 47 games last season, 102 the year before, 62 games in 10-11, and 76 in 09-10.

But THANK GOD we traded that guy who is seriously just injured everywhere he goes.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It's funny, but the same people harping Dagoon about him being mad at Sather/AV for this are the same people who are going "well, thank God we traded Gaborik because he's injured again"

HF Logic. Can't have it both ways.

For the record, both are ridiculous statements and thoughts to have.

Who's to say McIlrath wouldn't have been injured in the NHL? Same logic, who's to say Gaborik would have the same injury problems if he stayed in New York?

"Mr. Glass" played 47 games last season, 102 the year before, 62 games in 10-11, and 76 in 09-10.

But THANK GOD we traded that guy who is seriously just injured everywhere he goes.

IMO the difference is that with Marian he had some injuries before here and did sustain some more, and I just think those caught up with his play.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
IMO the difference is that with Marian he had some injuries before here and did sustain some more, and I just think those caught up with his play.

Well, Mac has had his share of injuries too, now. I was just trying to say that blaming those injuries on the situation the player is currently in (Mac being in the A "because" of Sather and AV, Gaborik being in Columbus) is a ridiculous thing to base an argument on.

Dagoon, you want to be mad at Sather and AV for sending Mac to the AHL in the first place? I can see the logic there. But being mad at them for Mac being in the AHL AND getting hurt is just wrong, IMO.

For the record, McIlrath probably never should have been called up. When he was called up, he should have never been a scratch. I'm okay with them sending him down to the AHL, as long as they keep him there. I have the same feelings on JT Miller. Stop the yo-yo bull**** This is why we have vets like Powe, Asham, Aaron Johnson, older prospects like Beach, Aliu (newer, of course), Haley (injured), to make sure we can develop the kids that are projected as parts of our core in the future.

FWIW, we were warned by Vancouver fans about AV's treatment of young players.

EDIT - On a side note, SHAME on the Rangers beat writers for not reporting ANY of this. Shame.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Mcilrath tweaking his knee and I hope that's all it is, has exactly zero to do with being sent down.

The msg ice this season has awful. That injury could have happened anywhere. There is no correlation between the injury and being sent down.

I would have liked Dylan to have stuck around. I prefer him over del zaster, who's gotta be the least productive offensive dman in the entire league.

And I agree sather needs to retire and if it's true he actually did a Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan thing to mcilraths knee, then he needs to be fired.... Soon. :sarcasm:

I'm hoping Dylan's knee is fine and he's back playing soon.

RangersHank*

Mcilrath tweaking his knee and I hope that's all it is, has exactly zero to do with being sent down.

The msg ice this season has awful. That injury could have happened anywhere. There is no correlation between the injury and being sent down.

I would have liked Dylan to have stuck around. I prefer him over del zaster, who's gotta be the least productive offensive dman in the entire league.

And I agree sather needs to retire and if it's true he actually did a Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan thing to mcilraths knee, then he needs to be fired.... Soon. :sarcasm:

I'm hoping Dylan's knee is fine and he's back playing soon.

Del Zaster? :facepalm:

You prefer McIlrath who is no good at defense, over DZ who IS good at defense? At least DZ can play the position. Oh man

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
ByronBoy plimps.

Though I'd rather have MDZ in at this point. Not sure about the future yet though.

Hope McI recovers, seemed like it wasn't a major injury, but only time will tell.

MDZ is the better player at this point, and still has potential moving forward to be a very good player, but I think McIlrath will be more valuable to the team down the line. I'm really high on this kid, not just because he's a mean SOB, but because he's a very good defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad