Dylan Larkin vs Matt Barzal

Larkin vs Barzal

• Larkin

• Barzal

Results are only viewable after voting.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Dude - I read his post before you even replied. He edited nothing.

I'm 100% sure he edited his post while I was writing my reply. You obviously read his post while I was writing it.

It's not a big deal either way (I edited my reply to include Eberle's minutes as well and I'll own up that I did) but his original argument of Barzal being better because he played 30 minutes with Kuhnhackl while Larkin spend more than 500 minutes last season with either Abdelkader or Helm was a weak argument.

It doesn't matter anyways, I don't really have an issue with his second argument, the season is just still really young.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I'm 100% sure he edited his post while I was writing my reply. You obviously read his post while I was writing it.

It's not a big deal either way (I edited my reply to include Eberle's minutes as well and I'll own up that I did) but his original argument of Barzal being better because he played 30 minutes with Kuhnhackl while Larkin spend more than 500 minutes last season with either Abdelkader or Helm was a weak argument.

It doesn't matter anyways, I don't really have an issue with his second argument, the season is just still really young.

Yah. Guess it was just a miscue. Should be interesting to keep track of

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'll take Larkin after last season to win a game right now, but Barzal showed a level of offensive ability in his rookie year that I just don't see in Larkin, and he might be the better option long term.
This is how I feel too.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I really don’t think the better teammates argument can be used against Larkin when he’s lucky to get more than one or two passes a game on the tape from our shitshow of a defense.

Reactions: newfy

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I really don’t think the better teammates argument can be used against Larkin when he’s lucky to get more than one or two passes a game on the tape from our ****show of a defense.

Is Larkin not on that top Detroit line which is producing like crazy?

I wouldn't give up Barzy for Larkin, but it might be closer once Barzy signs his next contract.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Is Larkin not on that top Detroit line which is producing like crazy?

I wouldn't give up Barzy for Larkin, but it might be closer once Barzy signs his next contract.

He is but I don’t think we can suddenly say he’s got an advantage because of the players he plays with. Neither Bertuzzi nor Mantha have hit 50 points yet (although Mantha was on pace for more last year).

Detroit’s defense might be the worst in the league at moving the puck. This will hopefully change as Hronek and Cholo improve and then Seider and McIsaac join eventually, but right now the defense is awful and seriously hurts our offense.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Wanted to abstain but went with the homer vote in Larkin so that I could see the results.

It's super close, but I'll justify my vote with saying Larkin improves year-to-year unlike anyone I've seen so I expect him to take a step forward while I don't know what to expect out of Barzal. This years focus was on playing the great 2 way game while reducing penalties.
(and holy crap, Barzal also has 0 PIM's. These guys are so close)

Reactions: sebsisles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad