Player Discussion Dylan Holloway Part 2 | Coming Off of an Injury and Turning Pro in '21-22

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
He has a name but who reads his stuff? It's paywall stuff. I observe people talking about his stuff every so often, here and there, some of the talkers are paid professionals working for the Edmonton Journal. From which we are rewarded with cascades of hockey insight that's turdalicious.

I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb assuming people ranting with indignation over subject matter they themselves have little knowledge, regarding an article they never actually read, are more entertaining than this Pronman could ever dream to be.

Don’t see the need to police posters on ‘ranting’ about ‘media personnel’, it’s something fans just do. If we worried so much about such things half of the content to post about would be gone as debating others views is a big part of why a place like this exists

Also, I’m no pro scout but I know enough about how to evaluate fundamental skills to comment on them. Or at least, as much as pretty much anyone here

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Disliked the pick at the time but have come around big time. Think this kid has a big year for the oilers this year.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
How does he fit? By being our #1 c once mcdavid's contract expires? I guess that would fit well.

I big 2way forward w/ skill and possession.

Have you watched the Oilers the last 4 years?

Thankfully Holland watches the team and thinks the Oil need more than transition players.

I think you can youtube some old games

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I wanted Jarvis but when he wasn't available Holloway was my guy.

So glad we didn't end up picking Guhle (who Bob Stauffer wouldn't shut up about).

I would have been happy with Mercer or Reichel as well.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Pronman has the Leafs ahead of the Oilers in terms of prospect systems and has Sandin, Amirov and Robertson ranked ahead all of Edmonton's prospects.

His ratings should be taken with a pound of salt.
I'm tempted to dismiss him, but at the same time I am aware that we are biased to like our prospects. It just seems so obvious that Bouchard, Holloway are a tier above what the Leafs have. I guess we will have to see on the ice.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Pronman has the Sabres as number 1, so keep that in mind. Sure, some great prospects but seems like a lot of fantasyland hoping and praying for a team that’s a historical tire fire

It’s hard to look at these things without keeping in mind the development these players are going to have, and the insulation they’ll have on their NHL team when they graduate, which makes the assessment of a “pipeline” more complicated and nebulous. A bunch of the top guys in the “bottom 20” pipelines could end up being better players than the Sabres top guys

Reactions: Samus44

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Pronman has the Sabres as number 1, so keep that in mind. Sure, some great prospects but seems like a lot of fantasyland hoping and praying for a team that’s a historical tire fire

It’s hard to look at these things without keeping in mind the development these players are going to have, and the insulation they’ll have on their NHL team when they graduate, which makes the assessment of a “pipeline” more complicated and nebulous. A bunch of the top guys in the “bottom 20” pipelines could end up being better players than the Sabres top guys
You'd think these writers would write their articles in way that they seemed smart. As in, someone could bring up their article 3 years from now and it predicted the future. That would make you want to read their stuff later.

You want to bet on Bouchard and Holloway. They will be on the ice with great players, and the puck will be going the right way. Look how much criticism Dahlin is starting to get. At some point it could start eroding the base skill. Compare that to what Sergachev turned into and how quickly he did, when he got to develop in Tampa.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I'm tempted to dismiss him, but at the same time I am aware that we are biased to like our prospects. It just seems so obvious that Bouchard, Holloway are a tier above what the Leafs have. I guess we will have to see on the ice.
Looking at his talent assessments made me question it's value. I don't believe he knows all that much about the Oilers. No one person can accurately rate the years draft and the prospect pipelines of all the teams. It's hard for one person to do even one, that's why teams have regional scouts. He's clearly not focusing nor seeing enough of the players he's purporting to be an expert on.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

I have to say that some of the Sabres prospects are overhyped... especially Cozens. I don't see anything significant about him. His hockey sense seems.... meh

Reactions: Oilhawks

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I have to say that some of the Sabres prospects are overhyped... especially Cozens. I don't see anything significant about him. His hockey sense seems.... meh

Personally, I have Det at the top of the list. Seider, Raymond, Berggren and Veleno . Scary stuff

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Look at their current roster and all of sudden not so scary.

Hronek, Larkin, Vrana, Bertuzzi, Zadina....and a steal of a goàlie.

Not bad whatsoever.

Young team growing together is always scary. They'll be legit in 2

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I know you were kiddin but w/ a future dman projecting to be the next Hedman....I'd be happy. This guy covers up alot of ice. Add in Hronek and it's a very scary dcore in the making

This is a Dylan Holloway thread my guy, why are we watching highlights of a prospect from another team hitting players.

Upload highlights of Holloway putting players through the boards, there's tons of that. Anyways we got a excellent prospect for the selection, we don't need him to have the skills of McDavid, Drai or even Nuge. If he can finish plays created by our skilled centers and lay people out like he's accustomed to, he'll be worth more than his weight in gold in oil country.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I sure hope that he gets back to 100% soon. It must be really tough for him right now not being 100% (potentially) for his first pro camp.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad