Player Discussion: Dylan DeMelo

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Wonder if he is butt sore from the Jets choosing to protect Stanley over him during the Kraken draft Might not want to sign

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Wonder if he is butt sore from the Jets choosing to protect Stanley over him during the Kraken draft Might not want to sign
I think that is water under the bridge. It seems like Chevy had a real good lay of the land and knew who Seattle was going to take. Easy enough to explain your decision to the player and his representatives.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
DD doesn't get the stats he has on other teams and debatable if he even plays 1RHD to be honest.
Agreed. DeMelo might just be on the perfect team for him. The best fit for the team's #1 D, with a right side that he is able to rise to the top of. There would be other teams where he is playing a shutdown 3rd pairing role.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'll go out on a limb and say $5M - 4 yrs (and possibly a little more).
A RHD that can play top pair minutes and helps anchor the offense Dman - or any dman for that matter - he makes everyone look better.
Historically not a point generator but projects for 30+ this season - about what you'll get from Pionk.
Not that I'm expecting him to get Pionk money, but this might be a tougher negotiation than we think.
IMO, this is a real interesting situation with the premium on D right now - especially RHD that can play big minutes, defend very well, and get you a few 5v5 pts to boot. He has an argument IMO
i did a quick sorting of top-RHD by 5v5 toi/gp for each team.... how many of these players would you distinctively take over Demelo? the way he's talked on here, i was expecting him to be among the league's worst. but really, there's many teams he'd be an upgrade over or equal to in my view, including some top performing ones.

note - DAL and TOR had 2 LHD playing top pair RD so I included them both. but i think Demelo is superior to both RD options on both teams.

1701871146682.png

Reactions: hn777 and LowLefty

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
DeMelo has had some rough games. He was very ugly, probably his worst game against the Canes. But more often he's pretty steady. We have a left hand D log jam. Need to sort that out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad