Player Discussion: Dylan DeMelo

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

EPUph0XXUAMxxuE

Last edited:

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
That’s a great pickup and great value. Not sure that I’d be buying with the current circumstances but if they can resign him for a couple years, that will be good

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
This would be a trade I would be estatic with if we were contenders / a solid playoff team. As it stands it's a little of a head scratcher. Unless the team goes on a run and Demelo is a contributor, the main benefit might be in possibly being in a good position to sign him in the off season if there is a fit.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I'm super pumped about this move and the price we paid to do it. If he fits he's a great candidate to be extended because at 26 hit fits right in with the core. The 3rd round pick is the perfect price. Don't move a 1st or 2nd but address the biggest weakness on RD.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Interesting. Would have preferred some term, but it's only a 3rd rounder.

Hopefully, he plays well and we re-sign him.

Reactions: GNP

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
You guys got a steal

Demelo is safe, mistake free defensive dman. Not overly physical , makes the safe smart pass and is best used in a shut down role. Not terrific offensively but not a complete black hole where he can't handle the puck .

To most Sens fans he's been our 2nd best D and has been playing like a top 4 dman.

He's a calming presence on the back end. Has been paired with Chabot lately covering up his mistakes

I wanted to sign him and preferred keeping over a 2nd for him.

Last edited:

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Don't know anything about the guy, but his numbers seem solid, so hopefully an upgrade for our right side. And if he fits well, decides to sign back up with us in free agency, this would work out very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad