Dylan Cozens vs Nick Suzuki

Who do you take?

• The Mighty Dylan Cozens

• The Great Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I really like both centers. I'm a Habs fan but I think Cozens has another level of offensive ability than Suzuki, and superior size. That said, I think Suzuki is a more well-rounded player. They're different types of players, hard to choose. If I had to choose, I'd take Cozens due to the size + skill combo, but I absolutely love Suzuki and think he also has another level of play he hasn't shown yet.

I've read through this thread and looked through the votes and the vast majority of Habs fans took Cozens over Suzuki. Don't let one or two people's opinion bother you too much.

Fair enough. I wasn’t really basing that on this thread, just the general talk I’ve seen on here over the last couple years, but you’re right, it’s not a look at the fanbase at large. But I do think those that I’ve seen overrate him skew to be Habs fans, rather than more general fans.

• Haha
Reactions: Habano

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Cozens over Suzuki?? Some of the genius comments in here aren't aging well lmfao :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, didn`t notice that... but Suzuki has actually more PPPs (27) than ESPs (26)... Only 11 players have more PPPs than him this season, didn`t see that coming

Freaking Sens PP not working this season, Stutzle only has 10 PPPs lol

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, didn`t notice that... but Suzuki has actually more PPPs (27) than ESPs (26)... Only 11 players have more PPPs than him this season, didn`t see that coming

Cozens and Suzuki are actually tied with 20 5v5 points for 140th in the league.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

And despite Cozens’ poor season, he still has the same number of 5v5 points (and more primary 5v5 points), in fewer minutes. Suzuki having a big PP year was surprising but we’ll see if it’s sustainable. Cozens hasn’t built on his breakout year like I thought he would, but nothing Suzuki’s done this year has really changed anything about my opinions on him.

Reactions: Chainshot

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
And despite Cozens’ poor season, he still has the same number of 5v5 points (and more primary 5v5 points), in fewer minutes. Suzuki having a big PP year was surprising but we’ll see if it’s sustainable. Cozens hasn’t built on his breakout year like I thought he would, but nothing Suzuki’s done this year has really changed anything about my opinions on him.

I usually try to look at the prior season too, as seasons can vary a lot for players.

2022-23 + 2023-24 :

Cozens : 42 goals, 102 pts in 135 games, 73 PPP, 26 ESP

Suzuki : 46 goals, 119 pts in 139 games, 72 PPP, 44 ESP

Suzuki has been more productive on the PP but averaged 1 full additional minute on the PP (3:33 vs 2:33)

We're also comparing 23 & 24 y/o seasons vs 21 & 22 y/o seasons... which is a pretty big advantage for Suzuki

I wouldn't declare a winner just yet.

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023

Looks like last year was a fluke season for Cozens.

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I got dizzy trying to read your mental gymnastics.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
No homer voting allowed btw

not saying you particularly homer voted, just thought it be a good time to let everyone know since I didnt mention in the post

@SillyRabbit

I notice you didnt vote, I know we've had our hiccups, but i'd love to hear your thoughts on these two young centers.

I ain't voting for the wrong choice if the right answer is in the team I cheer on tho

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I usually try to look at the prior season too, as seasons can vary a lot for players.

2022-23 + 2023-24 :

Cozens : 42 goals, 102 pts in 135 games, 73 PPP, 26 ESP

Suzuki : 46 goals, 119 pts in 139 games, 72 PPP, 44 ESP

Suzuki has been more productive on the PP but averaged 1 full additional minute on the PP (3:33 vs 2:33)

We're also comparing 23 & 24 y/o seasons vs 21 & 22 y/o seasons... which is a pretty big advantage for Suzuki

I wouldn't declare a winner just yet.
It's weird how you left out the fact that the Sabres are 11th in the league for goals scored from 2022-2024 while the Habs are 28th and that last year's 2nd leading scorer on the Habs would have been 8th on the Sabres. Somehow that's not a "pretty big advantage" for Cozens.

I guess playing 60 more seconds on the PP and being 2 years older doesn't make up for the fact that Cozens has played on a vastly superior offensive team with considerably better offensive players.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's weird how you left out the fact that the Sabres are 11th in the league for goals scored from 2022-2024 while the Habs are 28th and that last year's 2nd leading scorer on the Habs would have been 8th on the Sabres. Somehow that's not a "pretty big advantage" for Cozens.

Now that's a weird argument... it looks like you had to scrape the barrel to find it... and it actually might have the opposite effect of what you're hoping. Suzuki is his team's N.1 Center... Cozens has to fight with Tage Thompson and Casey Mittelstadt for TOI and offensive opportunities... Suzuki plays several more minutes per game...

I'm not fan of Cozens more than Suzuki, this could go either way and I don't really care. I am a fan of facts though

Did you know for example that Cozens has more Points/60 than Suzuki despite the additional minute on the PP?

I guess playing 60 more seconds on the PP and being 2 years older doesn't make up for the fact that Cozens has played on a vastly superior offensive team with considerably better offensive players.

It's a factor but yeah, you're right, it doesn't.

Suzuki scored 102 pts in 138 games at the same age which is very similar to what Cozens has done so far (102 pts in 135 games)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad