Who do you take?

• The Mighty Dylan Cozens

• The Great Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
You guys are a Kopitar level center away from doing some damage
Naw the defense will be solid for sure but needs a few years and they need a real option at #1 goalie. Maybe they can get lucky in next summers draft with good center or get lucky with a UFA center in the next few years..

Either way they are a few years away from actually competing....

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Naw the defense will be solid for sure but needs a few years and they need a real option at #1 goalie. Maybe they can get lucky in next summers draft with good center or get lucky with a UFA center in the next few years..

Either way they are a few years away from actually competing....
Finally some excitement and high quality young players in Montreal. Well deserved.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Habs fans massively overrate Suzuki. He’s a mediocre 5v5 producer who gets a ton of minutes to put up ok totals. He’s a better defensive Bo Horvat, not the 1C they want him to be.

0.72 PPG vs 0.59 PPG

Take a guess which is which.....

Using career stats is pretty meaningless in a comparison of someone this young. Cozens started in the NHL a year earlier, and is 2 years younger. His age 20 and 21 seasons have roughly the same PPG (0.66) as Suzuki at the same ages (0.65). Meanwhile he outproduced him last year while playing nearly 5 fewer minutes per game.

Last edited:

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
As a Habs fan, I would take Cozens, and it is not even remotely close; due to media exposure, Suzuki may be one of the most overrated players in the league at this juncture, worse than at least two of the long line of "second line centers forced to play on the top line" that Montreal has rolled out for the last thirty years.

Habs fans massively overrate Suzuki. He’s a mediocre 5v5 producer who gets a ton of minutes to put up ok totals. He’s a better defensive Bo Horvat, not the 1C they want him to be.

Using career stats is pretty meaningless in a comparison of someone this young. Cozens started in the NHL a year earlier, and is 2 years younger. His age 20 and 21 seasons have roughly the same PPG (0.66) as Suzuki at the same ages (0.65). Meanwhile he outproduced him last year while playing nearly 5 fewer minutes per game.
Thank you. At least someone has the courage to point out what should be obvious to Habs fans.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

And Sabres had far better forwards than Montreal especially since several of the decent forards on the Habs were injured for significant time. If Suzuki was on the Sabres he probably outscores Cozens.
Cozens is overrated here. I see them putting up similar numbers in their prime.

As a Habs fan, I would take Cozens, and it is not even remotely close; due to media exposure, Suzuki may be one of the most overrated players in the league at this juncture, worse than at least two of the long line of "second line centers forced to play on the top line" that Montreal has rolled out for the last thirty years.

Thank you. At least someone has the courage to point out what should be obvious to Habs fans.
It is garbage. Cozens is not a #1 c on a Cup contender.

Reactions: Habano and Play

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
And Sabres had far better forwards than Montreal especially since several of the decent forards on the Habs were injured for significant time. If Suzuki was on the Sabres he probably outscores Cozens.

Cozens played with Quinn and Peterka. Not exactly world beaters yet. And played significantly less. Suzuki would probably out score him on the Sabres if he played 21 minutes still. Doubtful if he’s playing the 16.5 Cozens did with a lesser PP role. Cozens scored at a significantly higher rate 5v5. Granted he didn’t face the competition Suzuki did, but the trade off is not getting prime offensive minutes. I don’t think there’s a large gap, but I do think Cozens was better last year. I’m not sure why Cozens not being the #1C on a cup contender matters, as Suzuki isn’t either.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
No homer voting allowed btw

not saying you particularly homer voted, just thought it be a good time to let everyone know since I didnt mention in the post

@SillyRabbit

I notice you didnt vote, I know we've had our hiccups, but i'd love to hear your thoughts on these two young centers.

Why even allowing a poll then, if your looking for Cozens as the answer?

Reactions: viceroy

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal

I never stated that Cuzens is a number one center.

But Suzuki certainly is not given that he's largely a defensive black hole, contrary to the groundless media narrative that frames him as another Bergeron in development, and has been buoyed by unsustainable shooting percentages and Cole Caufield throughout the last two seasons.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Cozens has more upside. Suzuki hasn’t broken out like I thought he would.

I will comment once again on th e Caufield va Cozems poll though - I’d go with Caufield by a mile. Caufield is scoring about a quarter of his teams goals. Broke records in junior, has paced for close to 50 goals since the coach was replaced. I’m not surprised that he lost because people probably didn’t realize the context but Caufield has 50 goals in his last 84 games.

The previous 40 he only had one. His coach used him in the bottom six. Once he was fired CC immediately took off. It probably cost him the Calder.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I really like both centers. I'm a Habs fan but I think Cozens has another level of offensive ability than Suzuki, and superior size. That said, I think Suzuki is a more well-rounded player. They're different types of players, hard to choose. If I had to choose, I'd take Cozens due to the size + skill combo, but I absolutely love Suzuki and think he also has another level of play he hasn't shown yet.

I've read through this thread and looked through the votes and the vast majority of Habs fans took Cozens over Suzuki. Don't let one or two people's opinion bother you too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00