DW deserves most of the blame for this mess.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I'd love Brad Marchand if the Bruins trade him. Hate him, but amazing player.

If I had to guess, Boston will do everything they can to move Lucic.

Oh man, please no!! I can't stand either of them and don't want em on the Sharks. Both are overpaid and overrated. Honestly there is very little I'd want from the Bruins. Other than Krejci, Pastrnak, Bergeron, Hamilton and Chara (not even him anymore), I don't want a thing from the Bruins. Talk about a team loaded with mid-level talent and nothing top notch.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Oh man, please no!! I can't stand either of them and don't want em on the Sharks. Both are overpaid and overrated. Honestly there is very little I'd want from the Bruins. Other than Krejci, Pastrnak, Bergeron, Hamilton and Chara (not even him anymore), I don't want a thing from the Bruins. Talk about a team loaded with mid-level talent and nothing top notch.

I don't see why Marchand would be labeled overpaid or overrated. He's paid and rated appropriately for what he brings. Lucic, sure. I will feel bad for the team that trades for him this off-season if the Bruins do the smart thing. And I'll feel worse for the team that signs him next off-season because that's going to be one nasty and unfulfilling contract. But for the Sharks, it doesn't make much sense to trade for any forwards right now unless they manage to move out Marleau and Thornton. They need blue line help and if they fill those needs (probably two top four quality d-men) then a goalie. Forwards are taken care of going forward as they are.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
We can only hope DW spent this entire offseason + season rigging the lottery. Totally worth it!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Meh who cares what's best for Boston. :laugh:

I'm not really worried about that but I'd be concerned about the choice they make if it really comes down to Lucic and Marchand. Reason being that chances are they would trade that choice to a Western team and that'll affect the Sharks. I'd rather them trade Lucic somewhere like Anaheim where it will be a detriment to them long-term over Marchand who would actually help any team he'd be on.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm not really worried about that but I'd be concerned about the choice they make if it really comes down to Lucic and Marchand. Reason being that chances are they would trade that choice to a Western team and that'll affect the Sharks. I'd rather them trade Lucic somewhere like Anaheim where it will be a detriment to them long-term over Marchand who would actually help any team he'd be on.

Marchand would fit the direction the Sharks are heading if you look at their recent draft picks. If DW were to trade for a Bruin, he would be it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Marchand would fit the direction the Sharks are heading if you look at their recent draft picks. If DW were to trade for a Bruin, he would be it.

Marchand would only make sense if they make room for him. The other issue is the cost to acquire. The Sharks seem unwilling to part with the kind of pieces that would be needed to get Marchand from Boston since they're not going to want much cap coming back.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Lucic, yeah, but you're way off about Marchand. I hate the guy's guts but he's an elite even strength scorer on a good contract.

Bruins' window is closed IMO.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Lucic, yeah, but you're way off about Marchand. I hate the guy's guts but he's an elite even strength scorer on a good contract.

Marchand is pretty great, he plays well in all situations. I'd love him on the Sharks and don't mind him personally as much as some here.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Wilson's gonna be here on Wednesday? :(

i'm now convinced that both DW and TMac are staying 1 more year

if DW was staying and Tmac leaving, I think DW would fire TMac within 48 hours of the final regular season game just so that both sides can officially start their search with as wide a pool of suitors/candidates as possible

if DW was gone, I think Hasso would've let DW know immediately after the season was over and we'd be getting radio silence from the front office until it became official

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY

I guess 4.5M isn't bad, I just don't like him and he's the pure example of a player that I think benefits from playing on the Bruins with their style. I don't think he will be quite as good if he goes elsewhere. Also if people want to talk about disappearing in the playoffs he has only scored 5 goals (20 pts) in his last 41 playoff games since that cup winning year when he actually was very good. Can't wait to hear the people here talk about that. Honestly, I just hate the Bruins, the style they play and the players they have. I have no desire to get players from them with the exception of the guys I had previously mentioned.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Don't mind Tmac staying at all. I think many here underrate what he did this season. He was playing a rookie team most of the season and still almost made the playoffs.

Marleau
Hertl
Nieto
Dealing with injuries to key guys

There are two things he needs to fix for next year: his 4th line and his bottom pairing.

I think overall he did a good job. Clearly wilson was unwilling to support his coach and threw in the towel on him pretty early on. This team was learning how to win all year and I think Tmac will do well next year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd offer Marleau, but I don't think the Bruins would do that deal; They would probably want a 2nd rounder as well.

They wouldn't do that but it has nothing to do with Marleau and everything to do with cap space. That's the only reason they'd make Marchand available.

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015
yup and we are too broke as a francise to take any risks. this will be the slowest rebuild of all time, we are the toronto maple leafs of last year.

More the TML of 2003/04. You have had a good run, but the team always had weaknesses just like the teams Pat Quinn had while mortgaging your future for a shot at the playoffs.

thasanjoseshawksdood*

u kno I really don't care who is coach as long as we start developing hertl at center...

god dammit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad