Value of: Duncan Keith

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Elliotte Friedman said multiple teams called the Hawks about Keith at the deadline and the Hawks "could go in a different direction" after this season. He's still a top 4 defenseman on a nice cap hit, never misses games, etc. What is a fair offer? Hawks could conceivably retain 50% to increase the return.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Would like him on the leafs but his age and cap hit will be a bit hard to fit.

Unless the hawks are interested in a AJ+B prospect deal for Keith with some retention type of deal he is probably to pricey a piece to add.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Years left: 3 after this year
Cap hit: 5.538
Salary per year: 2.650 / 2.100 / 1.500
Had 32pts 2 yrs ago and 40pts last year. On pace for ~32 this year.

Reactions: deflowd

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
He should be a cap dump, he has really fallen off the past three seasons. But someone would definitely be dumb enough to pay top dollar. Hawks should absolutely move him this summer to the highest bidder.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I mean the hawks could retain. But I don't think they will. My guess is they will want the full cap space if he wants to move on.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Keith would be welcomed on the Penguins but I really don’t know what a fair price would be to be honest.

I think he’s still got a good amount in the tank, but at that age you really never know when the massive drop off hits.

Want would the Hawks want for Keith with some retention, say Keith at 4m?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If we were to hypothetically trade Darnell Nurse for scoring help to a team like say the Hawks could a trade like this work?

DeBrincat + Keith 50%

Nurse + Puljujarvi + small add

Klefbom Bear
Keith Larsson
Jones Bouchard

Very young D core could be an ideal situation for a veteran like Keith.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
He'd probably return a 2nd. There aren't many teams that would sign him to a 3 year $16.6m contract at this point with no asset cost, regardless of his real salary.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
If we were to hypothetically trade Darnell Nurse for scoring help to a team like say the Hawks could a trade like this work?

DeBrincat + Keith 50%

Klefbom Bear
Keith Larsson
Jones Bouchard

So with Keith having gas left in the tank, we are replacing him with nurse at the cost of debrincat for some other spare doorknob parts?

Easy no

Reactions: COHawk

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

DeBrincat + Keith 50%

Klefbom Bear
Keith Larsson
Jones Bouchard

Yeah, I’m sure the Hawks will sell low on their 22 year old winger one year removed from a 41 goal season and on top of that retain half of Keith’s salary. Lol

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Yeah, I’m sure the Hawks will sell low on their 22 year old winger one year removed from a 41 goal season and on top of that retain half of Keith’s salary. Lol
And acting like pool party has any relative value to GMs right now, especially to give up debrincat

With a down year for debrincat still likely to be 20+ goals and 50+ pts. If pool party was even capable of that right now he'd be in the NHL

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

DeBrincat + Keith 50%

Klefbom Bear
Keith Larsson
Jones Bouchard

This is awful for the Hawks

Reactions: _Del_ and kevrondl

Ledge And Dairy

Keith is in the top 25 defense of all time. He is still very good defensively and probably the best defense on the team still. At a cap hit of 5.54M for 3 years even at 37 that is a solid deal. Anyone on here who thinks that Chicago has to retain or will give up assets to move him is lost.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
He’s still really solid defensively. Just keep him off the PP.
Ironically, he's looked much better as of late since rejoining the top unit (granted kubalik has been hammering it) but in general, yes I agree I wouldn't keep betting against the house and thinking Keith's recent success on the pp will continue. He's good at keeping the PP alive and feeding it around from the point but bahgawd is he the last person you ever want trying to get shots through from the point

Reactions: ChiHawk21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad