Duncan Keith vs Scott Niedermayer

• Keith

• Niedermayer

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
It is close but I take Duncan Keith. Think he peaked higher, he was a man on a mission in the 2015 playoffs.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Peak/prime I take Keith, overall career I take Niedermayer.

It took Keith several years to hit his stride and become elite, in fact he was actually quite poor his first few years in the league. Nieds was great almost immediately and was consistent until he retired.

Keith was already generating Norris votes after his 3rd year in the league.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Keith is more dynamic. He can be better than both Kane and Toews if he brought it all the time. Blackhawks d core is actually overrated in hindsight. Keith was the main piece that brought them over the top to be a modern dynasty. Seabrook hammer etc can't skate and can't play the entire game in all situations like Keith.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Keith is more dynamic. He can be better than both Kane and Toews if he brought it all the time. Blackhawks d core is actually overrated in hindsight. Keith was the main piece that brought them over the top to be a modern dynasty. Seabrook hammer etc can't skate and can't play the entire game in all situations like Keith.
I think you're forgetting how good Hjalmarsson and Seabrook were. They all played out of their minds during the 2015 cup run

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Except thats not true at all Seabrook was a low end #1 in his peak and Hjalmarsson has been one of the best stay at home Dmen out there. Both have made national teams for reasons outside of Keith.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I think you're forgetting how good Hjalmarsson and Seabrook were. They all played out of their minds during the 2015 cup run

lol you mean the year that Keith won the conn smythe , was 2nd in scoring on the team and averaged 31:02 minutes per game? Yeah Hawks dont sniff that cup without Keith.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Except thats not true at all Seabrook was a low end #1 in his peak and Hjalmarsson has been one of the best stay at home Dmen out there. Both have made national teams for reasons outside of Keith.

Im not saying they are bad. Im saying that Hawks team probably wins at max 1 cup without Keith. He is the reason why Seabrook and Hammer were that good, because he had so much responsibility. An all situation #1 D is necessary for all cup teams. Only Keith fills that bill.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
lol you mean the year that Keith won the conn smythe , was 2nd in scoring on the team and averaged 31:02 minutes per game? Yeah Hawks dont sniff that cup without Keith.
Did I ever say they win without Keith? All I'm saying is Seabrook and Hjalmarsson are not remotely overrated

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

From the 2nd round onward they basically had only 4 Dmen due to Rozival being injured the entire top 4 recieved a lot of toi as a result Seabrook and Hjalmarsson both played on average of 26 minutes a game

Keith-Seabrook

Hjalmarsson-Oduya

The Hawks third pairing was never going to get a lot of minutes once Rozi was out they iced

Kyle Cumisky-sucked

Timmonen-too rusty

Rundblad-shouldnt have even been in the league

TVR-Rookie and was injured basically the entire season

That bottom pair wasnt getting sent out much period and that entire top 4 was used to death in that run. You can praise Keith without crapping on Seabrook and Hjalmarsson they were both top pairing quality guys

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Seabrook made it pretty much entirely due to his chemistry with Keith, and then barely played when they realized he wasn't good enough for the team.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Did I ever say they win without Keith? All I'm saying is Seabrook and Hjalmarsson are not remotely overrated

Yeah and im saying that Keith is what makes the Hawks a cup contending team. Hawks d core is not top tier without Keith. He is that good. Even if you replaced Keith with another Seabrook I dont think they win the cup. Im not saying Seabrook and Hjarmalsson as individuals are overrated, im saying the Hawks entire d core as a unit minus Keith are overrated. They dont stand out more than any others d core. They are fine as #2 and #3 dmen but what good does that make if you dont have a Keith?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
From the 2nd round onward they basically had only 4 Dmen due to Rozival being injured the entire top 4 recieved a lot of toi as a result Seabrook and Hjalmarsson both played on average of 26 minutes a game

Keith-Seabrook

Hjalmarsson-Oduya

The Hawks third pairing was never going to get a lot of minutes once Rozi was out they iced

Kyle Cumisky-sucked

Timmonen-too rusty

Rundblad-shouldnt have even been in the league

TVR-Rookie and was injured basically the entire season

That bottom pair wasnt getting sent out much period and that entire top 4 was used to death in that run. You can praise Keith without crapping on Seabrook and Hjalmarsson they were both top pairing quality guys

31 minutes compared to 26 minutes is not even close. Im not shitting on Seabrook and Hammer, im praising Keith. The man was a damn demi god in the playoffs lol. Kieth is the one who turned them into a modern day dynasty. Not Kane, not Toews, not anyone else.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Yeah and im saying that Keith is what makes the Hawks a cup contending team. Hawks d core is not top tier without Keith. He is that good. Even if you replaced Keith with another Seabrook I dont think they win the cup. Im not saying Seabrook and Hjarmalsson as individuals are overrated, im saying the Hawks entire d core as a unit minus Keith are overrated. They dont stand out more than any others d core. They are fine as #2 and #3 dmen but what good does that make if you dont have a Keith?
Ok I understand what you mean now, i still dont agree that they are overrated as a whole but i understand what you mean.
Also, they may not stand out among other d cores without Keith. But take out any teams best defensemen and that d core looks alot weaker

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

I remember hearing Don Cherry call Seabrook the best defenseman in the league during intermission of one of the games in the finals hahaha

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Neidermayer.

Imagine if he didn't have to play on a defense first team for so many years of his life.

that being said, Keith is one of the greatest dmans in this era, bar none. what a asshole to play against.

I knew we were gonna win gold with Keith and Neidermayer back in 2010 in our defence.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I remember hearing Don Cherry call Seabrook the best defenseman in the league during intermission of one of the games in the finals hahaha
Haha I'm not surprised it came from cherry

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Neidermayer.

Imagine if he didn't have to play on a defense first team for so many years of his life.

that being said, Keith is one of the greatest dmans in this era, bar none. what a ******* to play against.

I knew we were gonna win gold with Keith and Neidermayer back in 2010 in our defence.

or imagine if he wasnt propped up his entire career by playing next to Stevens and Pronger.

give me Keith, easily.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
If it's close I'll always go with the guy who did it for 2 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad