Proposal: Duncan Keith to Montreal (Deadline deal if Habs are contending)

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Nah, I'm one of those who doesn't think giving all our trash will get us what we want. Come on man every habs fan want Benn, Shlemko and Alzner out of the team and you, you ship them all together...

Imagine how happy the Chicago fans would be. Woopiteedo! We just got Shlemballs, Benn and Lolzner, best day ever...
Get us what we want? LMAO

WE DON’T WANT KEITH

And it’s funny how you forgot to mention the 2 best pieces, Hudon and a 3rd

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Keep him. He’s far from the player Montreal needs. And him playing 20 mins a night is one of the reasons the hawks are so bad.

The return will be bad for him, no one cares what he has done for your franchise. You’re probably stuck with him honestly, and that’s not the worst thing in the world for you guys.

Again, i'm not a Blackhawks fan. But i've seen plenty of Blackhawks games, enough to recognize that the real problem is that they have nobody else capable of playing 20 mins a night alongside Keith right now. It's the corpse of Brent Seabrook, and a few promising but inexperienced youngsters who are in way over their head with those type of minutes and matchups.

He'd be a substantial instant upgrade for the Habs right now. And realistically, probably an upgrade over anything that's coming down the pipeline (or available as a UFA) in the next couple years as a LHD there.

Whether the Canadiens ought to be shopping for right now upgrades in the first place, is certainly debatable. But offering a package of basically assorted nothingness with a side of horrendous cap dump for a guy who can still play significant Top-3 minute on defence and calling that fair value, just isn't the way to argue that. Just say you'd rather the Habs hold onto their futures and/or try their luck elsewhere.

Reactions: HabsQC

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Again, i'm not a Blackhawks fan. But i've seen plenty of Blackhawks games, enough to recognize that the real problem is that they have nobody else capable of playing 20 mins a night alongside Keith right now. It's the corpse of Brent Seabrook, and a few promising but inexperienced youngsters who are in way over their head with those type of minutes and matchups.

He'd be a substantial instant upgrade for the Habs right now. And realistically, probably an upgrade over anything that's coming down the pipeline (or available as a UFA) in the next couple years as a LHD there.

Whether the Canadiens ought to be shopping for right now upgrades in the first place, is certainly debatable. But offering a package of basically assorted nothingness with a side of horrendous cap dump for a guy who can still play significant Top-3 minute on defence and calling that fair value, just isn't the way to argue that. Just say you'd rather the Habs hold onto their futures and/or try their luck elsewhere.
We aren’t giving up anything of significant value for him, go try and pull the wool over someone else’s eyes.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
I wouldn't take Keith for free and I would never pay Poehling to give away Alzner's contract

This is terrible for MTL

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
To Montreal:
:habs
-Duncan Keith
-Alexandre Fortin
-Brendan Perlini

To Chicago:
:hawks
-Karl Alzner
-Ryan Poehling
How about:

To Montreal:
:habs:
-Duncan Keith
-Jonathan Toews (2m retained)
-Brendan Perlini

To Chicago:
:hawks:
-Karl Alzner
-David Schlemko
-Andrew Shaw
-Ryan Poehling

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
How about:

To Montreal:
:habs:
-Duncan Keith
-Jonathan Toews (2m retained)
-Brendan Perlini

To Chicago:
:hawks:
-Karl Alzner
-David Schlemko
-Andrew Shaw
-Ryan Poehling
what.jpg

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Can't see the Habs taking on that contract even if they were guaranteed to make the playoffs. It would make zero sense with the re-tool / re-build. Best move is to stand pat and see where the chips fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00