Dumoulin vs Despres

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Who will end up being the better player?

I remember in their draft year some people said Despres was more NHL ready,but Dumoulin might have higher ceiling.
Both of them can skate pretty well for their size,even though I give the edge to Despres.He's the better skater.Dumo is a better passer,better stick handler.Shots are pretty even.Despres is significantly more physical,more explosive and he also is a fighter.Getting reputation calls sometimes.Dumo is more reliable and the smarter player imo.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My initial thought - why is this a thing? Two completely different players. Apples/oranges in terms of what they do to succeed. It's like asking... Brooks Orpik or Mike Green in their prime... which one is better?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Despres has the higher ceiling because he has more raw tools than Dumoulin does. However, Dumoulin is the safer player and saying he's a guarantee to become bigger Paul Martin 2.0 isn't obscene. Despres could end up as a very good #1D if everything goes right for him. I think that's a stretch, so I think he'll settle into a #2/3 that can anchor his pair or complement a true number 1. That's exactly what I think Dumoulin will develop into. So in the future, Despres could end up better but they'll most likely end up around the same.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
I heard joe morrows shot can crack goalie helmets. I'm going with him

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Voted Dumoulin because the team I cheer for traded Despres and I attach a significant portion of my self worth to their actions and it comforts me to know everything they do is correct.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Its hard to say because we have seen such a small sample size of Dumoulin at the NHL level, but as of right now i'd rather have Dumoulin over Despres.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I've always been high on both guys, but the poll is an indulgence in fantasy. Only Dumo can help the Pens now, so hopefully he can live up to his potential and be the same guy he was in the A. Then this team has a bonafide top four blueliner on their hands.

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
From what I have seen this year Dumo has looked more poised and assured than Despres did for me.

I was not a Dumo fan before this year but he has really really surprised me!

I was never that fussed that we let Despres go (other than the return) but Dumo is easily a good enough replacement for me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
It shouldn't be an either/or situation. We should have a blueline of Letang, Maatta, Despres, Dumoulin, Cole and Trouba (;)).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad