Proposal: Dumba (Min) for Gardiner (Tor)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I dunno that he's the most underrated player on the site, but he amount of crap the takes is kind of bizarre.

He's a 50 point dman with elite stats in every category showing him as one of the best shot suppression guys in the NHL. He is matched up by Babcock with the best, elite on the PP, and makes insane plays all the time. He is like Subban where once in a while he gets caught being himself and gets a highlight reel facepalm against him. Except that guys like Subban get the respect of their skill level. Even guys like Tanev and Lindholm get the benefit of the doubt with their suppression skillset, but Gardiner is seen as an example of imperfections in the model.

Not even just casual fans, Leaf fans are the worst with it. Have to have a scapegoat for everything. Now that Bozak and JVR are gone it's on to Gardiner as it looks like he will be let go after the season.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
He's a 50 point dman with elite stats in every category showing him as one of the best shot suppression guys in the NHL. He is matched up by Babcock with the best, elite on the PP, and makes insane plays all the time. He is like Subban where once in a while he gets caught being himself and gets a highlight reel facepalm against him. Except that guys like Subban get the respect of their skill level. Even guys like Tanev and Lindholm get the benefit of the doubt with their suppression skillset, but Gardiner is seen as an example of imperfections in the model.

Not even just casual fans, Leaf fans are the worst with it. Have to have a scapegoat for everything. Now that Bozak and JVR are gone it's on to Gardiner as it looks like he will be let go after the season.

Thats nice you think he has elite stats and whatnot... Dumba is a lot better.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We’ve had a million discussions with Toronto fans in regards to Dumba. He’s not available. Move on.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Thats nice you think he has elite stats and whatnot... Dumba is a lot better.

Do you have anything to add or are you just trying to shit on a Leaf player. I covered this in literally the first sentence.

Wild don't do this, I would add to make this deal happen as I really like Dumba. However, Gardiner is the most under rated player on this site it's insane. I swear to god no one watches this kid aside from game 7 apparently and highlights of his mistakes. After next season he is going to move on due to the cap, and watch this site is going to pull another Kessel with him. He'll go from an over rated player who can't play when it counts and *insert tons of criticism* to an elite player who has magically removed all these faults from their game.. Oh and people will say "Why were Leaf fans so hard on him??".

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Wild don't do this, I would add to make this deal happen as I really like Dumba. However, Gardiner is the most under rated player on this site it's insane. I swear to god no one watches this kid aside from game 7 apparently and highlights of his mistakes. After next season he is going to move on due to the cap, and watch this site is going to pull another Kessel with him. He'll go from an over rated player who can't play when it counts and *insert tons of criticism* to an elite player who has magically removed all these faults from their game.. Oh and people will say "Why were Leaf fans so hard on him??".
You are the worst victim card puller on these boards, lol.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Straight up?

Does Min need a LD? Leafs do need a RD - even an RFA in Dumba's situation.

Plus, Gardiner is a home town guy, getting to go back to Minnesota, plus a fresh start.
Oh hey, well if hes a hometown guy why wouldn't Minnesota accept thsi deal. Just based on that Wild accept.:rolleyes:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

You know, I can’t help but wonder. The wild have a few great defenseman, and even with three of them, I still wouldn’t actively look to trade any of them. If Gardiner is really as elite in every way as you claim, why on earth is he in almost every Leafs proposal on this board? I mean surely if he was an elite defensive player who can score 50 points Leafs fans would do anything to keep him, including pay him UFA money next season.

Either he really isn’t as good as you’re claiming or Leafs fans are...poor judges of talent...

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
OK - did a revision to keep the over-reaction to a minimum.

If there really is no need or want to move Dumba, kill it.

:ha:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild obviously decline this one. And that's coming from someone that thinks Gardiner is extremely underrated.
I'm with you on Gardiner, but it seems the overreaction to one playoff game has died down. He's a good Dman of a certain type. Pair him with a SAH guy and you've got a viable 2nd pairing, as well as a PP guy.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
OK - did a revision to keep the over-reaction to a minimum.

If there really is no need or want to move Dumba, kill it.

:ha:

If there are two defensemen that are relatively similar stats-wise, but we have the guy that is 4 years younger and right-handed, and we already have two top 4 LHD's, I don't think that 'straight up' vs. 'starting point' matters a whole lot.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If there are two defensemen that are relatively similar stats-wise, but we have the guy that is 4 years younger and right-handed, and we already have two top 4 LHD's, I don't think that 'straight up' vs. 'starting point' matters a whole lot.
Precisely. Not to mention we have no RHD replacement.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Look into the rosters of the teams you are creating trades with before making proposals. Minnesota has absolutely no need for LD, especially if they're giving up RD in the process. Even ignoring the value (which is very very lopsided towards the Leafs) this is a bad proposal.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
You know, I can’t help but wonder. The wild have a few great defenseman, and even with three of them, I still wouldn’t actively look to trade any of them. If Gardiner is really as elite in every way as you claim, why on earth is he in almost every Leafs proposal on this board? I mean surely if he was an elite defensive player who can score 50 points Leafs fans would do anything to keep him, including pay him UFA money next season.

Either he really isn’t as good as you’re claiming or Leafs fans are...poor judges of talent...

The Leafs can't afford him after his raise. He'll be the first cap casualty under this new team. He will need a raise likely into the 6-7+ range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad