Proposal: Dumba (Min) for Gardiner (Tor)

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Straight up? (Obviously not based on reaction)

Does Min need a LD? Leafs do need a RD - even an RFA in Dumba's situation.

Plus, Gardiner is a home town guy, getting to go back to Minnesota, plus a fresh start.

Let's add as a starting point.......for a deal based around these 2....maybe an extended Gardiner....?

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Straight up?

Plus, Gardiner is a home town guy, getting to go back to Minnesota, plus a fresh start.
Minnesota does not need LD. If we did need LD, we would not trade Dumba for an older, worse player that's a year away from UFA status.

And I like Gardiner okay, but I couldn't care less about where he's from.

Reactions: spaghtti

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
wild easily decline. they would have an imbalance of lhd and rhd, like most of the nhl, and apparently thats important. gardiner is a free agent next season and the wild always have cap issues so chances are they won't re-sign him. dumba is an rfa but probably won't make as much as gardiner in 2019 and beyond.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Counter-offer: Zucker for Nylander. Straight up.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Straight up?

Wild would not do this.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Straight up?

We very much do not.

Always like the #oneofus factor though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You can take the time you saved to come up with your next dumb post.

Yeah, next time I’ll make sure to dedicate some of the time to adding the sarcasm emoji so people like you don’t think I’m dumb enough to seriously suggest Zucker for Nylander in a thread where the OP made an equivalent offer the other way.

Reactions: tgo0

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Im pretty sure this is tongue in cheek since the OP suggested an even stupider trade. Gardiner for Dumba is dumb... Just like Zucker for Nylander.. Difference tho.. OP was serious.. Zuck for Nylander is not.

I like you. You get it.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Wild obviously decline this one. And that's coming from someone that thinks Gardiner is extremely underrated.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Wild don't do this, I would add to make this deal happen as I really like Dumba. However, Gardiner is the most under rated player on this site it's insane. I swear to god no one watches this kid aside from game 7 apparently and highlights of his mistakes. After next season he is going to move on due to the cap, and watch this site is going to pull another Kessel with him. He'll go from an over rated player who can't play when it counts and *insert tons of criticism* to an elite player who has magically removed all these faults from their game.. Oh and people will say "Why were Leaf fans so hard on him??".

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Wild don't do this, I would add to make this deal happen as I really like Dumba. However, Gardiner is the most under rated player on this site it's insane. I swear to god no one watches this kid aside from game 7 apparently and highlights of his mistakes. After next season he is going to move on due to the cap, and watch this site is going to pull another Kessel with him. He'll go from an over rated player who can't play when it counts and *insert tons of criticism* to an elite player who has magically removed all these faults from their game.. Oh and people will say "Why were Leaf fans so hard on him??".
I dunno that he's the most underrated player on the site, but he amount of crap the takes is kind of bizarre.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
There would have to be a plus from the leafs and I'm saying that with thick rimmed homer glasses. Even if you bring up gardiners production (which is inarguably upper teir for defenceman) and without even looking at the differences defensively; it's still an easy no from minny based on age, years of control, and cost for next contract. It might be closer if Gardiner had 2 or 3 years left on his contract with his current cap hit, not 1 year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad