Value of: Dumba and Hanifin to Pittsburgh

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Definitely don't think the Wild do that deal value wise. Dumba is significantly more valuable than Schultz and I don't think Brassard has enough value to bridge that gap.

For the Flames one, I think Maata is a significant step down from Hanifin and I'm not confident that Sprong is as good as he's being presented as. I'm not sure he's a first liner player at all let alone one who makes a hypothetical top line too good to pass up.

concur
the first deal is salvageable, possibly
2nd deal Calgary declines

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Overpayment, eh? I know Pittsburgh fans have really been into their trading 30+ year old for other team's high end young players. Really wish it would stop. Dumba is leagues better than Schultz. Brassard is a 1 year rental. Overpayment :shakehead

I mean..I certainly as a pen Fan wouldn't do that Wild deal as we lose a top 6 C and a Top 4 Dman and gain a top 4 Dman...long term it values us but not right now. It would be a net loss. Pens say no to the wild deal, So do the Wild. it's an amazingly awful proposal.

notredame1228

Feb 18, 2015
Look here I am a Pens fan and also a realistic person but how in the he$$ can you expect to acquire two recent top 10 picks without giving away one decent roster player. I like the players you named but that dont get you what your after delete and lock this up!!!!!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Nelson Muntz can explain Brad Treliving's respone to this trade offer.

nelson-muntz-haw-haw.png

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean..I certainly as a pen Fan wouldn't do that Wild deal as we lose a top 6 C and a Top 4 Dman and gain a top 4 Dman...long term it values us but not right now. It would be a net loss. Pens say no to the wild deal, So do the Wild. it's an amazingly awful proposal.

You lose your 3C and a top 4dman and you get back a guy who will challenge Letang as your best D as soon as next year.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You lose your 3C and a top 4dman and you get back a guy who will challenge Letang as your best D as soon as next year.

I'd rather have the good 2C who is our 3C and Schultz, a good top 4 Dman, than just Dumba, I value depth. Pens are a win now team so the trade wouldn't make sense.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hanifin gets traded to a big Canadian market, and all of a sudden everyone learns how to spell his name correctly! Wow!

Balances out the amount of individuals who cannot spell Monahan correctly I guess?

@OP

giphy.webp

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Calgary takes it hard in the OP . Pens don't have the tradable assets to get these 2 D men from their respect teams .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad