Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Dumb? Dumber? I'm both either way, because I keep watching

giphy.gif

Thankfully, I have the lot of you to keep me company.

giphy.gif

US:

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen
Agostino-Rooney-Palmieri
Stafford-Pietila-Anderson
Tangradi-McLeod-Lappin

Greene-Severson
Butcher-Carrick
White-Santini

Blackwood/Schneider

giphy.gif

THEM:

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Vrana-Backstrom-Oshie
Hagelin-Eller-Connolly
Burakovsky-Stephenson-Boyd

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Jensen

Holtby/Copley

kriHHNc.gif

I mean, this is why they play the game right?

SneakyHandsomeAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

Try and make it competitive. 9 of these left and I'm gonna miss hockey.

CGGQndo.gif

LGD

MptE.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone know if you can scan tickets from the stub hub app on your phone at the entrance at Prudetial Center? I’m assuming yes but better safe than sorry.

Asking for a friend.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Does anyone know if you can scan tickets from the stub hub app on your phone at the entrance at Prudetial Center? I’m assuming yes but better safe than sorry.

Asking for a friend.

Once I forgot to print my tickets for a WWE event at the Rock. I had the PDF on my phone which clearly said *MUST PRINT ON PAPER. NOT VALID FOR MOBILE ENTRY.* and the guy looked at it and said, "This'll scan" and it worked.

Makes me question why some tickets still say that they must be printed, especially since everyone's smartphone has a crazy pixel density nowadays.

Make a decision based on this anecdote at your own risk.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Once I forgot to print my tickets for a WWE event at the Rock. I had the PDF on my phone which clearly said *MUST PRINT ON PAPER. NOT VALID FOR MOBILE ENTRY.* and the guy looked at it and said, "This'll scan" and it worked.

Makes me question why some tickets still say that they must be printed, especially since everyone's smartphone has a crazy pixel density nowadays.

Make a decision based on this anecdote at your own risk.
Thanks! I’m assuming not every ticket will say not valid for mobile entry?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

Asking for a friend.

yes you can, unless it specifically says otherwise on the ticket. usually, if you can’t, stubhub will tell you a billion times and send you emails about it beforehand, to avoid getting flooded with calls about how their tickets are invalid at the time of the event

Reactions: Bleedred

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Guess that means the dumbest are the ones going to the game tonight like myself lol

I almost forgot I’m one of those sad souls. In my defense I have successfully avoided most every home game the last few weeks till this one. Did want to go to a couple of them before the end of the season just cause.

At least I don’t have to leave till after 6 with the 7:30 start, and at the rate this team is making me leave early from blowout after blowout I doubt I’ll be there too late.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jeeze, Bleed. I know that lineup is horrible, but you can be honest with us and admit you're actually going. We understand. :laugh::sarcasm:
Haha! It’s definitely not me. I wouldn’t travel farther than Tampa to see the current team play. Unless I happened to be up there for other purposes and decided to catch a game while I was there.

I haven’t seen a non-jersey retirement game at Prudential Center since 2012 and I’m not about to start with this one. :eek::DD

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Thanks! I’m assuming not every ticket will say not valid for mobile entry?

There lays the perplexing bit: In my experience, it doesn't matter and it's written on there as a scare tactic.

Again, I take no responsibility in you can't get it with just your phone showing the PDF.

For what it's worth, I *always* print it if it says "MUST PRINT ON PAPER" on the ticket. I just got lucky that one time, but on the other hand, I think it might be on there only because TicketMaster can't necessarily guarantee that the "printed" barcode will be able to be scanned off your particular smartphone's screen, not like they can guarantee simplified QR codes will scan of *any* phone regardless of its age (to a point) and display technology. (e.g. the QR code in your TicketMaster app will work flawlessly whether you have an iPhone 5 or a brand-new Galaxy 10, but a "printed" barcode on a PDF may scan just fine on a new phone but not on an older one with outdated or inferior display technology.)

/hypothesis

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Guess that means the dumbest are the ones going to the game tonight like myself lol

Don't feel bad, if I had season tickets, I'd do the same. I may venture to one more game before year's end, I'll be depressed without hockey when the season's over no matter how badly this one wound up being.

I almost forgot I’m one of those sad souls. In my defense I have successfully avoided most every home game the last few weeks till this one. Did want to go to a couple of them before the end of the season just cause.

At least I don’t have to leave till after 6 with the 7:30 start, and at the rate this team is making me leave early from blowout after blowout I doubt I’ll be there too late.

I've gone through different phases in my life where either I'll watch every Devil game even if they stink, and other times where I don't watch that much even if they are good.

Right now I'm in the former. And while I'd love to see some of those young injured guys on the ice, I still enjoy watching because of the young guys who are out there.

Reactions: Owenay

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I gotta be honest, I had a tough time getting back into hockey after the lockout. It wasn't until 2010 that I started following the Devils closely again. Being at college outside of Philadelphia had a lot to do with it. Losing to the Flyers in 2010 the way we did sucked but they made up for it in 2012. Watching the Clarkson/Bryz goal with a bunch of Filth fans was hilarious.

Reactions: Colin226

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

This is the first time I've ever used all my buybacks. I normally only use them if I have something else to do but I cashed them all in by picking the more expensive tiered games.

I can put up with a lot of things, like some of the bad teams we have seen over the past handful of years but with all these injuries I just can't justify paying NHL prices for an AHL team when the buybacks will pay for a nice chunk of next season. My buybacks pay for more than half of one of the seats on my account for next year.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Normally, I would still end up attending 1 game a month but I haven't been since January I want to say. Life's been busy anyway, so it's worked out fine, but I miss what we were getting to experience last year already.

I remember how closely I was watching each game in class during that final stretch. I still don't know how I didn't burst out of my chair when Noesen scored his winner against Carolina. :laugh: And I was able to attend the Lightning game we won towards the end of the season, along with the playoff clincher against Toronto and the Game 3 win which was the most fun I've had since 2012 for sure. It feels like ages ago sadly.

It's OK though, we'll get that feeling back soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad