GDT: Dumb and Dumber: Capitals @ Devils, 7:30 PM, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Mueller is let go so they could keep Carrick next year instead I’m punching Shero in the face. Severson too just cuz.
Meh

Severson is a way better player than Mueller, but I think they should probably keep Mueller over Carrick. Neither is probably much better than the other, but you can't expect to keep both of them, bring Smith up and then not make any upgrades.

Like I said, we can't keep every bottom pairing defenseman and their brother up just because they're good bottom pairing guys.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Looked like a pretty good sized crowd tonight, until the 3rd period, when undoubtedly a lot of people left.

No that sounds pretty accurate tbh...not that all of the 14000 were Devils fans or stayed through the end of the second period but it was definitely more filled than I thought it'd be.

Guess I'm bad at estimating attendance. Oh well. :laugh: I will say for sure though, there were a LOT of Caps fans.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
As far as quality of goals allowed, this is probably his worst game since that Chicago win a couple months ago.

Lol. Man, you just never quit. Cross-ice pass after cross-ice tap-in after 2-on-1... oh brother.

I was going to post a faceitious 'must have been the goaltending' post, but you beat me to it.

Reactions: mdj12784

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
It's hours after the game and I don't think even Carrick knows what he's doing......STILL.

I have to say though - the random guys that are coming up from Bing and that Shero has snatched up do exceed expectations. I think Agostino has played really well and shown that he might be able to catch on somewhere. I kinda like what Carrick has shown. Rooney could steal a spot on the 4th line...

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol. Man, you just never quit. Cross-ice pass after cross-ice tap-in after 2-on-1... oh brother.

I was going to post a faceitious 'must have been the goaltending' post, but you beat me to it.
I think you're confusing the goals here. Either that, or you're just trying to jump me.

The 5-hole goal I called stoppable was the third goal, scored by Kuznetsov, which was NOT a cross-ice pass. Kuznetsov had the puck all the way from before the center ice red line. The goal with the cross-ice pass that beat Blackwood 5-hole was the fourth goal, which beat him through the legs as he was sliding (because of the cross-ice pass) which I did not say was stoppable at ANY point. I think you're just looking for reasons to jump me.

By the way, where were after the last two games, where the goalies allowed two goals a piece in each game?

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think you're confusing the goals here. Either that, or you're just trying to jump me.

The 5-hole goal I called stoppable was the third goal, scored by Kuznetsov, which was NOT a cross-ice pass. Kuznetsov had the puck all the way from before the center ice red line. The goal with the cross-ice pass that beat Blackwood 5-hole was the fourth goal, which beat him through the legs as he was sliding (because of the cross-ice pass) which I did not say was stoppable at ANY point. I think you're just looking for reasons to jump me.

By the way, where were after the last two games, where the goalies allowed two goals a piece in each game?

I'm a single Dad this week with my wife out of town, so... no time for hockey - I just watched the condensed games of the last three including last night's game. In that sort of vaccuum - it looked to me like we got great goaltending and a bunch of help from posts.

I'm not trying to jump you - it seemed like MacBlack had to do the splits and had no chance on most goals all night. So when I got to read the post where you were saying it was his weakest game in a while - I was surprised. I'm not trying to jump you Bleed... although, my wife IS out of town, so watch out.

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad