Duclair

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Just wondring I heard some stuff about Duclair about him having character issues and him. what is he like?? does he have a bad attitude??
No, not sure why this continues to be brought up. Character not an issue at all.

His shooting percentage is down significantly this year (4% range) and he's had a few defensive lapses, as he did last year, but those are not character issues.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I haven't seen any attitude rumours since his draft year?

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
No, not sure why this continues to be brought up. Character not an issue at all.

His shooting percentage is down significantly this year (4% range) and he's had a few defensive lapses, as he did last year, but those are not character issues.

Thanks, I heard a rumour but i wanted to confirm with yotes fans to be on the safe side.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Just wondring I heard some stuff about Duclair about him having character issues and him. what is he like?? does he have a bad attitude??

If you look in the comments section of the Kypreos Sportsnet article, someone anonymously posted that they know people who say that Duclair has off-ice issues. No sourcing or confirmation or anything, but given that this is the Internet it started getting passed around.

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If you look in the comments section of the Kypreos Sportsnet article, someone anonymously posted that they know people who say that Duclair has off-ice issues. No sourcing or confirmation or anything, but given that this is the Internet it started getting passed around.
Ah, the anonymous source in a Kypreos article. Even his identified sources (eg: Yotes to Winnipeg per TGO) are wrong.:nod:

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Exactly. He jumped into the scuffle against San Jose to stick up for a rookie teammate.
Loved how he jumped in Dillon's face when he was messing with Dvo. Great stuff!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That face has bad attitude written all over it.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-28-at-10.18.51-AM-497x356.png

He obviously hates his teammates

Anthony_Duclair_Max_Domi_Arizona_Coyotes_Start.jpg

But he hates this guy more.

9199145-j.t.-brown-nhl-tampa-bay-lightning-arizona-coyotes.jpg

Little kids annoy him

images

Todd Walsh interviews make him want to choke the ****... (that's true for everybody)

pi-nhl-duclair-walsh-hat-trick-101415.jpg

He's always been a show off

duclair16s-9-web.jpg

I guess Duclair is OK, at least he doesn't wear silly jackets.

Dylan-Strome.jpg

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Player X in trade rumours. Whoop de doo. Hockeybuzz has us dealing Doan and Vrbata this week as well. None of this matters until the deadline.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
What I posted on the trade board when someone said he did.

I don't know whether to laugh at this or what. I realize that this board isn't the appropriate forum to discuss racial biases, but this whole narrative is so stupid I don't know what to say.

Duclair dropped in the draft because Patrick Roy didn't pick him, and other teams were scared off because of that, not "character".

Yes, Duclair had two "incidents" but one in which the entire Quebec Remparts team was involved and in my opinion could be ascribed to Patrick Roy's idiocy (he decided to scratch the rookies when the team was struggling but you can read up on it and make your own judgement rather than posting speculative theories) and the other was just a sort of "intensity" scratch that wasn't a character issue but just trying to get Duclair's head in the right place after returning from the WJC (for comparative reference, you can search the London Knights forum history and see how fans were howling for Max Domi's head upon his return for his lack of intensity but nothing came of that).

None of the scratches related to Duclair's character.

The Coyotes have Anthony Deangelo, who in contrast, really does or did have some issues (and dropped in the draft for it) but he's a good hockey player and you don't have people mentioning it now.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I don't care what other people or other teams think of him. He's a good hockey player and I'd sure as hell be pissed if we traded him for anything less than a very talented, young player of equal value or better. Moving him when his value is down would be stupid but not unexpected considering he's a scorer and who our coach is.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I don't care what other people or other teams think of him. He's a good hockey player and I'd sure as hell be pissed if we traded him for anything less than a very talented, young player of equal value or better. Moving him when his value is down would be stupid but not unexpected considering he's a scorer and who our coach is.

I'd be okay with a player like Ryan Strome, but it shouldn't be anyone who is much older. Mid twenties at the latest.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'd be okay with a player like Ryan Strome, but it shouldn't be anyone who is much older. Mid twenties at the latest.

He's slower and hasn't been scoring that much lately, so closer to a Tippett clone. Maybe he'd be happier with Strome. Might make it easier to get something for Hanzal before he's gone too.

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I wouldn't put R.Strome in Duclair's category. Strome is struggling big time, been healthy scratched (granted some of that is due awful coaching) and doesn't look like anything more than a 3rd liner at this point or in the future. Duke is significantly more talented and faster.

Can you imagine 2 struggling Strome's in AZ :)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

R. Strome is the exact opposite of what the team needs. He's still struggling to establish himself at 23. I'd trade one of the UFA chips for him as a gamble but if his last name wasn't Strome hardly anyone would be interested in him at this point in his career.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Apparently the Duclair offer for Hamilton was made at draft/during summer. Name is still out there and I would guess it has been floated to the Blues for Shattenkirk.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Apparently the Duclair offer for Hamilton was made at draft/during summer. Name is still out there and I would guess it has been floated to the Blues for Shattenkirk.

I saw that from the TSN Insiders.

We can't dismiss them completely but right now it is a bit hard to believe that we are trying to trade a potential scoring forward for D considering Chychrun and DeAngelo since the summer.

I mean... we are not aiming to win 40 1-0 games, are we?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Well I guess we know who is really calling the shot then, and it's not Chayka. I wonder if every time DT looks Strome in the eyes he sees a lack of Dougie Hamilton.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Dreger says we need a young C coming back for Duclair.

Does Duclair and our 1st touch Duchene? I'd say throw in Wood but remember, Sakic wasn't going to sign him :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad