Proposal: Duclair+ for top4 RHD

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
A Boedker dump is worth at least a 2nd. Even then, I can't imagine a team taking his contract for a 2nd without some other obvious benefit to that team.

Schenn was very effective last season for the last staff. I suspect he'd be an effective player in San Jose. He obviously has no trade value but I think for the Sharks, as they're assembled and deployed, he'd be a worthy 6th D.

Duclair has been given **** linemates, the coaching run around, undeserved scratches and is still on pace for 20 goals. As a fan, I hate the idea of trading him. My strong preference would be to put him on the 1st line, the top PP unit, and give him every chance to take the next step. Our coaching staff obviously has other ideas. What's his trade value? Certainly not as high as it should be. Probably a 2nd? He's a hell of a lot more valuable than that in my opinion. But is suspect his trade value is about a 2nd.

Is Braun worth more than the value of two 2nds? Probably. How much more is the question, right?
Well the problem is that we don’t HAVE to trade Boedker so moving him isn’t totally necessary.

Schenn would be our 7th D. We are so deep at defense. I would want Duclair+2nd+Maybe someone like MacInnis

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If you want an actual top-4 RHD, that plus will need to be 2×-3× the value of Duclair.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Well the problem is that we don’t HAVE to trade Boedker so moving him isn’t totally necessary.

Schenn would be our 7th D. We are so deep at defense. I would want Duclair+2nd+Maybe someone like MacInnis
If we can't leverage the Boedker situation and save an asset or two, I wouldn't do it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nick Holden is a #5/6 D who has been playing on our top pair. You can have him. Decent offensive producer, plays the body. Wouldn't have to break the bank to sign the guy.

I don't know if the Rangers have a need for Duclair, but I still like his upside despite somewhat up-and-down play.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I am just saying this for reference, any time we as Leafs fans talk about a top 4D, we are generally told it will cost Nylander or Marner with sometimes a plus. So, what plus are you adding to Duclair?
Well when you're fanbase constantly offers peanuts for every teams best D-man, Nylander and Marner as the answer can be expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad