Proposal: Duclair+ for top4 RHD

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I am just saying this for reference, any time we as Leafs fans talk about a top 4D, we are generally told it will cost Nylander or Marner with sometimes a plus. So, what plus are you adding to Duclair?

Your fanbase doesn't ask for a top 4 though, you always ask for the teams best Dman, which is responded to by asking for one of you best forwards, it does make sense.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Even inconsistent, he’s an upgrade on the bottom 6. Chychrun while less proven has high two way potential and maybe we could even get another asset.

Why would you want even less cost assurance and stability on the backend? Duclair is not going to solve Edmontons scoring woes.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Agreed, Duclair doesn't have enough value to be the primary asset in acquiring a top 4 D, RHD or LHD.

Moving Chychrun as the primary piece for Larsson doesn't make much sense for Arizona.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Even inconsistent, he’s an upgrade on the bottom 6. Chychrun while less proven has high two way potential and maybe we could even get another asset.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Trading a proven, stable, cost controlled #2 guy like Larsson to get younger, less proven, and less cost controlled just seems like hucking stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks.

Reactions: voxel

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
I saw someone in another thread suggest

Duclair + Schenn for Ceci

That could be something both teams might be interested in.

Ottawa fans want to move Ceci in a package for something better, but I don't think he has that type of value due to his lack of offense. He's more of a Hamonic type defenseman.

I think you're more realistically looking at deals for other under performing former top prospects (Duclair, Brock Nelson, Reinhart, Bennett, etc.)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Matt Tennyson was pulling down 20 minutes a night for the Sabres early in the season.

Wait.... wait... where are you going? Hello? Top 4! Hello?

Reactions: Viqsi

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I am just saying this for reference, any time we as Leafs fans talk about a top 4D, we are generally told it will cost Nylander or Marner with sometimes a plus. So, what plus are you adding to Duclair?
Because you ask for a guy playing #3 minutes that should be top pairing or flat out ask for top pairing then say they aren' good enough to be your top pairing so you should get them for 2nd pair price. I've never seen you ask for a Jack Johnson and someone say Marner+.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Why not take on someone with a bad contract and get a good deal on them as a result? You guys have a ridiculous amount of free cap.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
We'll accept Boedker with no retention.

Duclair+Schenn for Boedker+Braun?
No need for Schenn. Also doubt we use Braun to move Boedker. We have cap space. I was thinking more of a pick/prospect in addition to Duclair

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No need for Schenn. Also doubt we use Braun to move Boedker. We have cap space. I was thinking more of a pick/prospect in addition to Duclair

A Boedker dump is worth at least a 2nd. Even then, I can't imagine a team taking his contract for a 2nd without some other obvious benefit to that team.

Schenn was very effective last season for the last staff. I suspect he'd be an effective player in San Jose. He obviously has no trade value but I think for the Sharks, as they're assembled and deployed, he'd be a worthy 6th D.

Duclair has been given shit linemates, the coaching run around, undeserved scratches and is still on pace for 20 goals. As a fan, I hate the idea of trading him. My strong preference would be to put him on the 1st line, the top PP unit, and give him every chance to take the next step. Our coaching staff obviously has other ideas. What's his trade value? Certainly not as high as it should be. Probably a 2nd? He's a hell of a lot more valuable than that in my opinion. But is suspect his trade value is about a 2nd.

Is Braun worth more than the value of two 2nds? Probably. How much more is the question, right?

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad