GDT: Ducks Welcome Smashville 2/27/13 7 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Super solid win.

Getz-Perry-Palmieri was dominate tonight. Preds did not have an answer.

Solid all-around team effort tonight. Preds did not generate much of anything.

Ducksgo*

hazy said bb told him he was sent down because he wasn't getting enough ice time with the big club.

Too much talent man..... Something we have lacked for ages. I will respect the call down decided by management. We have players being called up and immediately putting in an impact for our club. We have so much talent and so many choices.... This isn't y=mx+b scenario, (basic formula) this is straight up what do you do in 3-4 games versus another player. And with the talent we have we should be thankful for the position we are in.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Getzlaf #8 in PPG , #4 for centers.

No way is he a top 20 center. Maybe we can trade him for Kopitar.

grabo and a 2nd obviously, and if he resigns in toronto we give toronto a 2013 1st for making sure BM doesnt resign his old lazy balding ass.

Ducksgo*

grabo and a 2nd obviously, and if he resigns in toronto we give toronto a 2013 1st for making sure BM doesnt resign his old lazy balding ass.

Your awesome man.... Lets go ahead and do what you said. Lets grab Grabo, (touché?) and a 2nd for em. Great trade btw can't wait for TSN to be all over it. Such a great trade this should be posted on trade forums :sarcasm:

ribbet

Sep 15, 2009
That was a massacre; great game. My first ever season ticket purchase is paying off for sure, muhaha. And the way it's looking, I won't have to even come close to worrying about the Rangers playing the Ducks so it should be an easier year to cheer.

:cheers:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Your mouth is watering off two 2nds? With a top 9 prospect pool already drafted? Wow.... Just wow

I'm not sure I get where you're coming from. Especially a youth lover like you. Early second round picks are what got us the guy you recently called a stud, Nic Kerdiles.

Second round picks have brought this team Ilya Bryzgalov, Justin Schultz, John Gibson, William Karlsson, Mat Clark, Devante Smith Pelly, Eric Tangradi, Matt Cullen, Jordan Leopold, and the aforementioned Nic Kerdiles.

I don't see what's so ridiculous about wanting to make a top prospect pipeline stronger

Also, in this context the whole situation was a joke based on hypotheticals, so I don't see what you're worked up about.

Oct 18, 2011
BB needs to stick with Ryan at C all the way until the TDL, we need to see what we've got and whether or not center has to be addressed come April. he certainly plays better there, would be nice if we could instead focus on trying to get a player for that line

Ducksgo*

I'm not sure I get where you're coming from. Especially a youth lover like you. Early second round picks are what got us the guy you recently called a stud, Nic Kerdiles.

Second round picks have brought this team Ilya Bryzgalov, Justin Schultz, John Gibson, William Karlsson, Mat Clark, Devante Smith Pelly, Eric Tangradi, Matt Cullen, Jordan Leopold, and the aforementioned Nic Kerdiles.

I don't see what's so ridiculous about wanting to make a top prospect pipeline stronger

Because we have a top 9 prospect pool already DJ.... Why are we trading Getz who has spent his whole career here for a couple 2nds. Yes we got Kerdiles out
Of 2nds and others. I would gladly take the chance to lock him up over a couple 2nds.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Glad BB decided to go with Fasth. I was wondering how Fasth would respond after a loss and he responded great. Made the saves when the team needed him to. Solid game from him.

Getz and Perry look unstoppable right now. Loving every second of it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Because we have a top 9 prospect pool already DJ.... Why are we trading Getz who has spent his whole career here for a couple 2nds. Yes we got Kerdiles out
Of 2nds and others. I would gladly take the chance to lock him up over a couple 2nds.
You missed the sarcasm then. Nobody around here wants to trade Getz for Grabovski and a second rounder.

Ducksgo*

Also, in this context the whole situation was a joke based on hypotheticals, so I don't see what you're worked up about.

Well if it was a joke your inductive argument lacks strength and true premises following a probable conclusion. That's my fault for not pickicking it up. I will not accept this trade deal DJ. Keep Getz and let us sign him over a couple seconds.... C'mon soo silly :laugh:

DaDucks*

Well if it was a joke your inductive argument lacks strength and true premises following a probable conclusion. That's my fault for not pickicking it up. I will not accept this trade deal DJ. Keep Getz and let us sign him over a couple seconds.... C'mon soo silly :laugh:

Holy mother of god

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
So happy with the entire team's play tonight. BB pleeeease dont change these lines.

Palmieri: That's why I've been saying he needs to be on the first line. 1st line talent obviously.

Getzlaf: God damn is he good this season. BEAST!

Perry: Getting hot. I love PPG going forward.

Ryan: He's had most of his best games at center. I say keep him there. He was horrible at center under Carlyle, and has been great at center under BB.

Beleskey: As much as I hate on him and say he needs to be on the 4th I actually like the combo of him, Ryan, and Selanne. Selanne and Ryan both bring playmaking and finishing, and Beleskey brings the grit and forecheck.

3rd line: Solid as always.

4th Line: I really want Etem to stay with the Ducks. He works so hard and always plays well but just isnt scoring on his chances. It will come soon. As a whole, I love that line. Bonino's offense shines so much more against 4th line players. And, loving Maroon's physicality on that line.

It seems like every line has a good balance of size, speed, grit, and offense.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Good for Maroon. Hopefully he stays hungry. I hope DSP is watching what Maroon is doing. Playing physical, going to the net, forechecking, etc.

I didn't know Maroon was this good at throwing the body around

Oct 18, 2011
Not sure what I just read
Laughed til tears

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Good for Maroon. Hopefully he stays hungry. I hope DSP is watching what Maroon is doing. Playing physical, going to the net, forechecking, etc.

I didn't know Maroon was this good at throwing the body around

Was it just me, or did he seem faster this game?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Was it just me, or did he seem faster this game?

Wasn't just you. I think he's starting to get used to the NHL speed, and he's figuring out that he can hang at this level. He's really starting to pick it up physically, and he's pretty reliable in the D zone as far as getting the puck out of our zone. I like him in a 4th line role a lot

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Wasn't just you. I think he's starting to get used to the NHL speed, and he's figuring out that he can hang at this level. He's really starting to pick it up physically, and he's pretty reliable in the D zone as far as getting the puck out of our zone. I like him in a 4th line role a lot

LOVE LOVE maroon. he's really shining in that role now that hes more comfortable. DSP gonna hve to wait to crack the roster now if Maroon keeps playin like dis

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I...what? Did you hit the bottle again?

Are you trying to say that if it was just a joke then I shouldn't have said anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad