GDT: Ducks vs Wild 10/24/15

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Some on this board are talking as if they were fans of the Leafs or Oilers. I don't really want to throw the "spoilt" card in there, but it reeks of that.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Some on this board are talking as if they were fans of the Leafs or Oilers. I don't really want to throw the "spoilt" card in there, but it reeks of that.

That's what an extended period of losing does to a fanbase.

I'll show myself out now.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I feel worse than those fans do. This team is supposed to be in their cup window, those teams have no expectations. So yeah, not surprising to see the negative tone really.

Oct 18, 2011
hagelin hasn't shown he can play western conference hockey yet, he hasn't even been able to use his speed as a weapon

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
For Bryzgalov, for the universe. Let us split points tonight. 1,5 points and a grouphug after OT.

DaDucks*

hagelin hasn't shown he can play western conference hockey yet, he hasn't even been able to use his speed as a weapon

I spoke with some ranger fans on the subject, they told me he doesn't know how to use his speed very well outside of forechecking.

My original question to the ranger fans was regarding his unwillingness to carry the puck, as opposed to passing it off every chance he gets.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Wings fan coming in peace!

Is Anderson getting a start tonight? I have him in my fantasy pool thats 50 a head.

Rooting for you guys to turn it around. Watching them in the playoffs is always fun!

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i wouldnt say that...but we have a team that went to game 7 of the western conf. finals and in 6 games so far this season we have score 6 goals going 1-4-1...you may be right though, as i have asked myself this since we have become so use to the ducks screaming out of the gate.. are we just so use to the ducks being dominant to start the season that this is making things look so bleak? or is this just a team that is a bubble PO team?...I think we have way to much talent (that is underperforming) to be a bubble PO team, but there is something about this team to me that doesnt seem right...mix in weird lineup choices and you have a frustrated fan base...I dont think any of us are writing this team off completely, but when you have a organization that stays pretty much quite you start coming up with your own answers/questions.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California

Is Anderson getting a start tonight? I have him in my fantasy pool thats 50 a head.

Rooting for you guys to turn it around. Watching them in the playoffs is always fun!

Hasn't really been confirmed but the beat writer seems to think he will be playing tonight after Khudobin started the last two. I would agree with that assumption.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
For Bryzgalov, for the universe. Let us split points tonight. 1,5 points and a grouphug after OT.
thats a easy deal from us....however ducks request we play a scrimmage anyways and you have to allow every player to get a hattrick, we will do the same for you or meet any other request.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Who knows, i`m not following Ottawa much, this is Ducks board

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Glad this is an early game, should have enough time afterwards to shake off some of the sports sadness before going to bed.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I feel worse than those fans do.

No, you freaking don't. You're following a winning team suffer a bad six game stretch to start a season, maybe it'll be ten, maybe even 15. If you're feeling worse about that than others do about the team they're passionate about lose year after year for half a decade and more, then you need some perspective more than the Oilers needed to change their front office. Jesus Christ. It felt kinda strong saying "spoilt" before, but that is the ultimate admission to being spoilt in the worst way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad