GDT: Ducks vs Wild 10/24/15

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
so uh...is Andersen starting tonight?

One would have to think so. Although, sometimes Bruce does go with how a goalie did against the specific opponent earlier in the year, and Khudobin had that win against Minny... :laugh: Seriously, though, Andersen should really get to start on this one.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
With the twins playing like trash, I don't blame Bruce for breaking them up again. If I didn't know better, it would seem that Getz is the 4th line center. That's perfect, I hope his ice time shakes out that way as well. Bum.

I really like the other lines. Cakes with Kes/Silf is worth a look. Maroon with Raks/Perrs has potential to get the cycle going well and generate some great chances from down low. Getting Cogs and Jackman together should be a refreshing taste of what forechecking and hitting are supposed to look like.

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
With the twins playing like trash, I don't blame Bruce for breaking them up again. If I didn't know better, it would seem that Getz is the 4th line center. That's perfect, I hope his ice time shakes out that way as well. Bum.

I really like the other lines. Cakes with Kes/Silf is worth a look. Maroon with Raks/Perrs has potential to get the cycle going well and generate some great chances from down low. Getting Cogs and Jackman together should be a refreshing taste of what forechecking and hitting are supposed to look like.

Completely agree. Hopefully these lines can spark something in this team. Some strong forechecking would be a sight for sore eyes. My only fear is the lack of chemistry which has been noticeably lacking.

At this point though, I'm down for anything. Dress Andersen as a forward and park his ass in front of the opposing crease for screens lol. Bruce can goaltend. :laugh:

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I will still be working for about the first half of the game so I'll just put this here now for the first and second period in my place

Actually just saw it was 6 eastern so I will miss the whole thing

Last edited:

mytduxfan*

1. Defensemen missing
2. No depth at forward
3. Average goalies

Is anyone trying to save money?

1. What can BM or BB do about that?
2. We have a tonne of depth, just not enough top-end talent, particularly at LW.
3. Andersen has been fine. If the team was scoring like they should, Andersen would be undefeated right now.

Edit: Go Ducks!

DaDucks*

I can't take any Freddie specials today.... Please, just not today.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
This team's problem's aren't going to be solved by shuffling lines. They all need to sit down and have some group therapy sessions.

Flick of the Switch

Apr 26, 2015
Naked pics I bet....... Yeah I went there!

(You know you all just imagined those pics.....)

Why would you.. Cruel man. :nopity:

Today's a good day for us euros, tonight is the night we start the winning streak. You see BB has put us against all odds and damn that's the way to really ketchup it up.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I don't know whether to root for success or failure. More failure faster change, more success more confidence. What a debacle this season is already.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
This team's problem's aren't going to be solved by shuffling lines. They all need to sit down and have some group therapy sessions.
this...i understand what BB is tring to do but it is something i have never agreed with...the whole "take away ice time" or trying to spark something doesnt work IMO, i mean do we really think putting getz/perry on different lines is going to be the long term answer? and the main reason i dont like this is because of this: say that it works and we grind out a win with this line up...is this now our line up moving forward?...slot you players PROPERLY and let them fight through it, this is how they build chemistry and grow as a team...stewart, cogliano,sekac are not top 6 players so why put them in that spot? it would be like putting horcoff as the top line C..its not a matter of looking for someone to step up, its a matter of beating yourself before the puck is even dropped

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I'm concerned with Hagelin. He's looked fine, but he was supposed to be better than fine. He doesn't look fast to me. I haven't specifically noticed him, even once, use his speed to disrupt the other team's D.

And Stewart is awful. He's not a good passer and the play just seems to go the other way too often right after he touches the puck. I would rather have Etem playing than Stewart right now.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Reports from practice yesterday in St. Paul revealed Mike Santorelli skating with Ryan Getzlaf and Chris Stewart, while Patrick Maroon flanked left wing on a line with Rickard Rakell and Corey Perry. Jiri Sekac skated with Ryan Kesler and Jakob Silfverberg, while Andrew Cogliano, Shawn Horcoff and Tim Jackman rounded out the forward groupings. Carl Hagelin did not practice yesterday, according to reports.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=784529

I don't know whether to root for success or failure. More failure faster change, more success more confidence. What a debacle this season is already.
Success, always.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad