GDT: Ducks Vs. Jets 12/13/14 4 PM Pacific

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
If he's driving the train then he's an engineer? But then why would Kesler in the next car do anything?

Or is he the locomotive? I guess that makes more sense if you also consider Kesler a second engine.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this will be the longest Getzlaf has played without Perry.

Gotta say, not bad. I think we can put to rest the "they're a product of each other" nonsense.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this will be the longest Getzlaf has played without Perry.

Gotta say, not bad. I think we can put to rest the "they're a product of each other" nonsense.

Well, it would solve the "Getzlaf is a product of Perry" side of it...We'd need an extended period of Perry without Getzlaf to prove the other half.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Well, it would solve the "Getzlaf is a product of Perry" side of it...We'd need an extended period of Perry without Getzlaf to prove the other half.

Hart Perry. He was putting up a PPG level with Getzlaf out.

Of course, when Getzlaf returned that turned into damn near a GPG level, but we all knew that was not a sustainable level of scoring.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

The end of 2007-08 was the only other period where Perry missed significant time.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
The quote was in reference to a question boudreau received on getzlaf carry the team. He just wanted to make sure kessler got credit too.

I think getzlaf fo% is a product of easier matchups.

Not trying to hate on bourque but its hard to point to anyone other than him and robak/fistric as far as contribution. Feels like everyone else had an amazing game.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

Don't be silly, HF will spin something about them being a product of each other. That's basically how the entire pre-Olympics thread went last season and how neither of them deserved to play for Canada as they are products of each other :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The quote was in reference to a question boudreau received on getzlaf carry the team. He just wanted to make sure kessler got credit too.

I think getzlaf fo% is a product of easier matchups.

Not trying to hate on bourque but its hard to point to anyone other than him and robak/fistric as far as contribution. Feels like everyone else had an amazing game.

Good point.
Would be cool if someone would make advanced faceoff stats to measure quality of opponent (his fo%). Would be interesting to see that from last and this year, and they might be actually a good stat :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad