GDT: Ducks vs Coyotes 3-game series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
If it is a concussion, it didn't look like a bad one. It's possible that they're just taking precautions after what happened to Cam and Hampus.

Oct 18, 2011
we lost in a SO in a 2nd of a b2b and 5 in 7 nights
no need to get mad, we got a point. let's get em' monday

MMonarchs

Apr 10, 2011
Don't really care that we played yesterday...you score 4 goals against a divisional rival and I expect a win (especially when all PP's go to the Ducks...that will likely never happen ever again).

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I actually thought the RPG line toward the end of the 3rd was pretty effective. I wonder if Boudreau will go back to that.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I actually thought the RPG line toward the end of the 3rd was pretty effective. I wonder if Boudreau will go back to that.

I would like it if he would give that line "spot duty". Load the top line at the end of periods, after icings, when the other team is getting momentum, etc. BB usually uses some combination of 1st line and 3rd line as the last two lines per period, so why not load it up hoping to catch lightning in a bottle?

About the game, happy they got a point, I thought for sure the team was going to lose at the end of the 3rd. Anyone else notice the defensive pairings switching in OT? It was Lydman-Fowler and Sbisa-Loverboy. Maybe BB just wanted a more veteran, defensive minded D man with Fowler to let Fowler do his thang?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I would like it if he would give that line "spot duty". Load the top line at the end of periods, after icings, when the other team is getting momentum, etc. BB usually uses some combination of 1st line and 3rd line as the last two lines per period, so why not load it up hoping to catch lightning in a bottle?

About the game, happy they got a point, I thought for sure the team was going to lose at the end of the 3rd. Anyone else notice the defensive pairings switching in OT? It was Lydman-Fowler and Sbisa-Loverboy. Maybe BB just wanted a more veteran, defensive minded D man with Fowler to let Fowler do his thang?

Possible. It might also be just that Boudreau wanted to spread out the talent a bit. Putting Fowler on one pairing, and Sbisa with the Reverend on the other, gives the team two good pairings with mobility for the OT session. Sbisa has shown some talent in OT himself, and Lovejoy's skating ability is definitely well-suited to it too. Fowler is just friggin awesome in OT.

Oct 18, 2011
big week this week, 4 games, 3 @ home, no b2b's, almost no travel for 10 days. a real chance to put some distance between us and the division opponents at the official half way point

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I've lost track - is Hiller the starter and Fasth the menace right now or are we still all behind Fasth because Hiller is washed up? Or is it all irrelevant because Vatanen is soon to be starting in net?

Someone get me up to speed please.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I thought that Vatanen was the new coffee expert?

Anyway, Cogliano leads the team in goals :laugh:. Who is the first one to get 10? I wouldn't be surprised if Winnik got like 6 goals in the next two games.

I had a bad feeling about that someone would get injured, any idea when we hear more about Palmieri's situation? If it's something more serious, it's Etem's chance to impress. Although I wouldn't be against trying out Maroon on the top line if he has really stepped up his game.

Maroon/Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Beleskey/Etem-Ryan-Selänne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Maroon/Beleskey-Bonino-Staubitz/Etem

I still don't like the 2nd line really. It could use a natural center or a playmaking winger (McDonald). Ryan and Selänne are both snipers and even though both have some playmaking skills, they could really benefit from a playmaker in the middle. Beleskey always brings good energy but he doesn't have the skills for top 6 IMO. He plays better with Getzlaf and Perry because it doesn't matter who they play with 'cos they'll do great just by playing together. Selänne and Ryan could use someone who makes them better.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Well happy to get a point, bit frustrating to give up the lead a couple of times.

I did enjoy Mike Smith's reaction to the 'slash' in the 3rd period. Does anyone know if Ryan had some razor blades on his stick when he slashed him?

Jul 1, 2012
That was a fun game to watch. I'm not even disappointed that we only got one point. Phoenix played great and Mike Smith made some spectacular saves.

DaDucks*

big week this week, 4 games, 3 @ home, no b2b's, almost no travel for 10 days. a real chance to put some distance between us and the division opponents at the official half way point

Yep

They should all be Hiller's games to play if he plays like he did his last game

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
just watched the highlights again and omg those goals from phoenix.. now i felt like we should've won that game in regulation..

fasth was pretty awful..
weak first goal, DEFINITELY WEAK second goal, and although lovejoy seriously screwed up on the 3rd, its because fasth loves going out to play the puck behind the net and he always gives it away.. we had full control and he loves playing that puck behind our net and so he just gives it away creating lovejoy's blunder...

Nikko*

just watched the highlights again and omg those goals from phoenix.. now i felt like we should've won that game in regulation..

fasth was pretty awful..
weak first goal, DEFINITELY WEAK second goal, and although lovejoy seriously screwed up on the 3rd, its because fasth loves going out to play the puck behind the net and he always gives it away.. we had full control and he loves playing that puck behind our net and so he just gives it away creating lovejoy's blunder...

We definitely should have won in regulation. Smith kept them in that game, otherwise we could have built a 5 goal lead. Fasth was playing well at times, but no excuse for those gaffes, especially when taking into account the stage of the game he did them. These things happen though, we aren't always going to win the games we deserve, and at least we got a point out of a game where our goalie had a few mental lapses.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I guess McMillan is going to play on the 4th line? Maroon-Bonino-McMillan probably? Beleskey and Etem are the top 6 left wingers? Or does Bourdreau move Koivu up with Ryan and Selänne? We shall see.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I hope BB keeps the 3rd line in tact.

I'd go:

Beleskey-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Ryan-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Maroon-Bonino-Mcmillan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad