GDT: Ducks vs Avs split squad games (6PM away/7PM home PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Still not impressed with Etem, just as it seems he is about to make a great play, he has a brain fart. The promise is there, he just seems to still lack that finish.

He's getting closer and closer to Peter Holland territory. Hopefully he can show something this year at the next level.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Went to the game at Honda center tonight. First time seeing an NHL game outside of MSG, and I gotta say, I was really, really impressed. You guys have a great stadium with a great vibe.

The building itself was very nice, from the floor tiles tiles to the bathrooms to the seats, everything was just nicer than it had to be. All the workers that we talked to were insanely friendly. The stuff on the jumbotron was funny and lighthearted (the oblivious cam was gold). The person in the duck suit came by and entertained my little nephew. Just a great time all around.

And, granted it was preseason, the tickets were so affordable. Aside from the fact that it made it real easy to go with the whole family, it really made me wonder if part of the reason MSG can be so stuffy sometimes is due to the insane prices. Feels like "regular people" get priced out real easily, and you end up with great seats bought and never filled, stuffy rich folks who don't care about hockey at all, and die-hards in the high seats who are screaming half the time. In a way, I love it because it's "my" stadium and "my" team plays there, and I've been going there forever, but in a different way, it seems like we miss out on a certain authenticity there due the absurd pricing.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts on my first live Ducks experience. Great time all around.

As for the actual play, some guys seemed like they were unstoppable, and only really had to try right at the start (Getz and Perry come to mind), some guys seemed like they were hustling and constantly making things happen, Rakell for example, and some guys were just underwhelming compared to what I expected, Etem being the main culprit there. It's only one game though, so it may not mean much.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I didnt go to the game tonight or listen, but I disagree that Kerdiles doesn't have a lot of skill. Above average for sure based on what I saw in the futures game.

Also, the reports on Etem are disappointed but I will wait until I can watch him myself to form an opinion. However, as I said after the futures game, I would not be surprised to see Kerdiles as the first call up over Etem. Etem may be quickly losing his spot on this team.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Went to the game at Honda center tonight. First time seeing an NHL game outside of MSG, and I gotta say, I was really, really impressed. You guys have a great stadium with a great vibe.

The building itself was very nice, from the floor tiles tiles to the bathrooms to the seats, everything was just nicer than it had to be. All the workers that we talked to were insanely friendly. The stuff on the jumbotron was funny and lighthearted (the oblivious cam was gold). The person in the duck suit came by and entertained my little nephew. Just a great time all around.

And, granted it was preseason, the tickets were so affordable. Aside from the fact that it made it real easy to go with the whole family, it really made me wonder if part of the reason MSG can be so stuffy sometimes is due to the insane prices. Feels like "regular people" get priced out real easily, and you end up with great seats bought and never filled, stuffy rich folks who don't care about hockey at all, and die-hards in the high seats who are screaming half the time. In a way, I love it because it's "my" stadium and "my" team plays there, and I've been going there forever, but in a different way, it seems like we miss out on a certain authenticity there due the absurd pricing.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts on my first live Ducks experience. Great time all around.

As for the actual play, some guys seemed like they were unstoppable, and only really had to try right at the start (Getz and Perry come to mind), some guys seemed like they were hustling and constantly making things happen, Rakell for example, and some guys were just underwhelming compared to what I expected, Etem being the main culprit there. It's only one game though, so it may not mean much.

So, uh, maybe it's time to burn all that Rangers' gear and change horses? :D

Paige Duck

Magnus
May 2, 2014
Aliso Viejo, CA

I'm glad you enjoyed your first experience at Honda Center so much! :)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I didnt go to the game tonight or listen, but I disagree that Kerdiles doesn't have a lot of skill. Above average for sure based on what I saw in the futures game.

Also, the reports on Etem are disappointed but I will wait until I can watch him myself to form an opinion. However, as I said after the futures game, I would not be surprised to see Kerdiles as the first call up over Etem. Etem may be quickly losing his spot on this team.

I think it`s due to the fact that he hasn`t developed his skill against pro opposition. He should get there.

Really disapointing to hear Etem is not very promising. He said in an interview that he will focus on defensive plays. Was that the case maybe?

PS
Devo looks focused on MacKinnon :laugh:
10_slide.jpg

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
So, uh, maybe it's time to burn all that Rangers' gear and change horses? :D

:laugh: I wouldn't go that far. I love the Rangers. Been following them since I was just a little guy. Adam Graves himself turned me on to them when I really didn't care about hockey at all. I couldn't even imagine pulling for another team over them.

But, if I could get myself out here to CA permanently, I'd definitely be at Honda often, and I'd definitely be pulling for the ducks when they play 28 other teams.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
:laugh: I wouldn't go that far. I love the Rangers. Been following them since I was just a little guy. Adam Graves himself turned me on to them when I really didn't care about hockey at all. I couldn't even imagine pulling for another team over them.

But, if I could get myself out here to CA permanently, I'd definitely be at Honda often, and I'd definitely be pulling for the ducks when they play 28 other teams.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ;)

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
:laugh: You didn't even watch Karlsson play nor did you get a report about him!

I went to the open scrimmage, all training camp days and rookie days and rookie games

I've seen him play 8 times these last 2 weeks, he's impressed me everytime.

Rakell had a goal today but it was a fanned pass that went straight to him in front of the net with no one around him...similar to the goal Perry had from Bogosian last season....other than that he was getting rag dolled and dangling to no avail tonight.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Saw the Bruce interview. From his body language and expressions really didn`t seem like he was lying about Kes. So hope he`s ok. But he should get the games vs LA and SJ

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
That's what I was thinking. When did we get him back?

He's on an AHL deal.

Yesterday I noticed Nick Tarnasky has a contract with the Rangers and last year he was signed by Florida. This guy used to be a NHL regular and a popular grinder 6-8 years ago, now he hasn't played a game in the NHL for five years but keeps getting contracts. There's a blast from the past.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In the HC game the forward ice time was: Etem, Rakell, Wagner in that order. The youngsters are being tested

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA

That's how me and my room mate are. His team out west is the Ducks because, and I quote, "**** the Kings". But once the Ducks and the Capitals play, it gets ugly quick.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He's getting closer and closer to Peter Holland territory. Hopefully he can show something this year at the next level.

No he is not.

Holland never really improved in AHL. Etem was already PPG+ player in A last year, Holland never had even a PPG season.

Etem also has improved in every Pro season - something that Holland never really did. His problem in Anaheim last year was consistency but that`s not unexpected for a 20/21 year old player. Etem improved point and goal totals last year despide playing in less games but also played 1:20 more in a game. He hit much more.
He should be fine, let`s not right him off from one preseason game. Where he lead all Anaheim forwards in TOI by the way. I guess a lot of Colorado star players didn`t look good in first game in Colorado too, last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad