GDT: Ducks visit Red Wings 7:30 PM ET on 10 - 8 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Ritchie is better than deslauriers so i like that a lot. I bet he'll be really good with Grant and Rowney.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Might be also a way to get Ritchie to do more defense by playing with two responsible guys. The Coyotes goal was Ritchie not taking his man (or wing to be more precise). When Eakins will be able to match the lines, I imagine Shore will be with our top duo of Grant and Rowney tho.

Will see.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
But isn't it Eakins doesn't really match lines?

I've been thinking about this, and as he isn't known as a matchup coach, don't you think this is actually a positive during away games? Less reliance on matchups means not necessarily a disadvantage.

All lines should understand they all have responsibility, and if you look at it, the lines are relatively balanced so that none of them have major defensive shortcomings.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
A lot of people would say the same of us.
Yeah exactly but we have a better defense, and more importantly better goalie. I wouldn't be happy with 1 point.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Comtois gets called up to watch from the stands. Not even as the backup goalie?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah exactly but we have a better defense, and more importantly better goalie. I wouldn't be happy with 1 point.
Eh first away game, might be a tough game tbh... and weve never really been a good team in Detroit(gotten a lil better as of late).

Their 1st line is tough... if they can get that line out vs fowler and guhle it might mean trouble.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
A lot of people would say the same of us.
but if Detroit had Carlyle last year they would have been alot worse than Ottawa. They lost Nyquist, Vanek. Jimmy Howard is now 35.
They got more old guys on their team than the Ducks.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I want to see Ritchie drop the gloves with Bertuzzi because it gets Bertuzzi off the ice for 5 minutes. Ritchie hasn't been great so the Ducks win that move.

I like seeing Ritchie/Grant/Rowney - potential to feast on other teams 4th lines.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i don't mind ritchie on the 4th line

that's where he belongs at this point really

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I'm very interested to see how our first road game goes. Eakins will definitely do his best to get Lindholm-Manson out against the Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha line. If that trio gets extended time against another pairing, it could be trouble.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm very interested to see how our first road game goes. Eakins will definitely do his best to get Lindholm-Manson out against the Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha line. If that trio gets extended time against another pairing, it could be trouble.

Ya... Lindholm/manson is prob the only line that can handle them... and im not sure they can really even handle them.

Gibson needs to be good tonight

Reactions: duxfan1101

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
lol why is everyone so worried about this detroit team?

is it 2009?
After looking at the Detroit board of what lineup they have playing they have 4 good forwards (Larkin/Bertuzzi/Mantha/AA) & the rest are garbage and no Dmen at all on that team.
They literally are a 1 line team & their 2nd line has AA centering 2 scrubs on his wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad