Ducks unveil new 3rd jersey

Zegras Zebra

May 7, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I like it overall, but the shoulders just don't seem right. Also I wish the triangle of the Mighty Ducks logo was jade (this always bothered me about the original eggplant jerseys). I think it would be better if the primary colour was eggplant and the stripe that is currently eggplant was orange which might accent the orange sticks in the logo a bit better. I hope future jerseys follow this route with a similar colour scheme and they eventually drop gold and black

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Yuck. There's too much going on. It's like they took two different jerseys cut the middle out of one and then inserted the middle from the second and sewed it all together.

Actually, on second viewing, it looks like they mashed up three different jerseys by using the top of one, the middle of another and the bottom from the third. Those shoulders do not go with the rest of the jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender66

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
3B4FE0EC-4734-45AC-A67A-3F7546AF9ADB.jpeg

Reactions: Arthuros

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Much better then anything since we drop the Mighty from the team name.

For the love of Ducks hockey I want that logo to forever be part of the team pleaseeeeeeeee!

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
i generally like it... will be interesting to see when they play in them if i still like it.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

Much better then anything since we drop the Mighty from the team name.

For the love of Ducks hockey I want that logo to forever be part of the team pleaseeeeeeeee!

I don't like it in the picture above, the logo looks too small.

Other photos have brought me around, it looks better in this one.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yuck. There's too much going on. It's like they took two different jerseys cut the middle out of one and then inserted the middle from the second and sewed it all together.

Actually, on second viewing, it looks like they mashed up three different jerseys by using the top of one, the middle of another and the bottom from the third. Those shoulders do not go with the rest of the jersey.

Yup. It's far too busy for my taste.

If you go to the article link, then you'll see a bunch of pictures beneath it. Look further down where they have the 25th jersey next to Wild Wing. The jersey looks too busy with that many colors and designs. I would have preferred no shoulders at all with the 25th.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Love the old logo back, and love to see the eggplant and jade again. Not a fan of the black, the shoulers or the shoulder patches. But overall I like them more than any jersey we've had since 05/06. Hopefully they sell well and the old logo and color scheme makes a full comeback after.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
If you're going to that length to imitate the old eggplant/teal color scheme and the Mighty Ducks look, go all the way. Don't half-ass it, don't sort of do it, go all the way.

If their idea of a "throwback" is indeed the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, then by all means...

Reactions: Dryish and Bender66

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada

yeah the modern era logo on the shoulders is a huge jersey foul ; should have left them blank or used small patches of the old school logo instead.

Reactions: wraparound

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Frankenstein's monster. Like they didn't have enough eggplant material to sew up the shoulders section.

Those shoulders look weird and awkward. Should have just gone all the way and made it look like the original jersey, with just the new D logo/25 anniv patch on the shoulders.

Reactions: la patineuse
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
First I got thrilled, but then saw the upper part more closely and the shoulders. Not really a fan. I’m ok with the colors but the designs seems to be some kind of a bad compromise.

Reactions: Duck Off

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
I will respect everyone's right to their own opinion on this new sweater by voting "Present".

I must say, though, that the most applicable term I've seen that applies to this new jersey is "mash up".

QuackinQuaker

Jul 16, 2018
Thought the jersey was amazing in the video, saw the picture of the guy wearing it and thought meh.. I think I'll think they're amazing again when I see them in full pads.

The shoulders look meh without pads, but they'll look better in pads. Still think they should've gone the King's route and left the shoulders more open though. The new logo just doesn't belong there at all..

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Somewhere there is a designer who is probably very proud of their work product. However, to me, it looks like too much of a compromise, trying to incorporate both the old and the new. I would have been much happier if they had gone with a stronger direction either back to the original Mighty Ducks colors or to all black but incorporating the Mighty Duck logo.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Like the old logo,,,,don’t like the colors of the logo.....

Looks way busy with colors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad